19

the final sunday.

brendon was gone when i woke up.

"fuck!" i screamed, no wonder he was gone. i overslept and liz was coming over in an hour to get ready for stupid prom.

i scrambled around my room, taking a long shower and answering the door when liz knocked on it.

"what's up with you?" she said, making a face as she walked in, her long turquoise dress in her hands.

"nothing" i said quickly, slamming the door and leading her upstairs.

"here let me help you" she said as i quickly struggled to get my dress on, the champagne material already annoying me.

she zipped my dress and began to do my hair, i couldn't even think straight.

after about an hour and a half of us getting ready, we were thankfully done. the plan was to meet up at the beach for photos, brendon and liz's girlfriend getting there before we do.

i brought a purse, the only thing in it was a pair of denim shorts. if i had to deal with any of this cult bullshit i wouldn't do it in a dress.

we were now in the car, speeding there because figures we were already late. as soon as i got out of the car i saw brendon, wearing an all black suit and black tie, liz laughing at me as i choked on the water i was drinking.

this is where it probably would've picked up or gotten better, but brendon and i didn't speak. even on the way to prom in the back of liz's car we didn't speak.

figures we were about an hour late, the party already fully in swing. brendon and i just stood towards the back, nervously playing with our hands.

"i'm scared they're gonna do something" i broke the silence, looking up and over at him.

he nodded, grabbing my hand. "me too" he said, and just as he said that, a slow song  started to play.

figures it was every rose has its thorn.

we started to laugh, as i jokingly put my arms around his waist is if he was the girl. he laughed harder, slipping my hands up so they were in the right position, him putting his arms around my waist.

that's when we stopped laughing, and just stared into each other's eyes the whole entire song.

"fuck i'm sorry" he said, leaning in to kiss me. i kissed him back. this wasn't like our usual, desperate, kisses. this was sweet.

we continued, and then felt two strong pairs of arms rip us apart and before we knew it we were brought outside.

when we opened our eyes we were out in the middle of the football field, the people in all black surrounding us. jack at the head of them.

"hey guys" he smirked, standing over us. "you survive tonight, we'll let you go" jack shrugged.

"fuck" brendon said, rolling his eyes and standing up, pulling me up with him.

brendon threw his suit jacket and tie off, leaving him in a white button down and black skinny jeans with his converse. i grabbed my heels and threw them off, now barefoot in a long gown.

"let's fucking go" he said, waking up to jack as if he was ready to fight. "no no no" i said, holding him back as jack laughed with menace.

"run" was all he said, and that's when we saw hundreds of people running out of the woods, all coming for us.

i panicked, remembering i had brought a purse. i tipped the shorts out of it.

"unzip me!" i screamed at brendon, him doing as he was told and i slipped out of the dress, now in a matching black underwear and bra set, brendon trying to look away.