10

the first friday

"you guys are seriously missing school?" my dad said, rolling his eyes as brendon laid on the floor in just sweatpants on the floor and i played guitar on my bed.

"yes" i mumbled

"why?" he asked, leaning against the door frame.

"life sucks" brendon said, yanking a pillow out from under me and resting his head on it.

"whatever, be there monday" my dad gave up, walking out of the room.

-
8:30

"we're gonna be late!" i screamed as brendon swerved in and out of lanes.

"amber it doesn't start until 9:25!!!" he said, annoyed as he parked out of the lines in the parking lot.

i grabbed my guitar, us running inside the bourbon room and straight to the back room.

"you'll do great" he said, his hands on my shoulders.

"what if i don't?" i said, my voice cracking.

brendon anxiously ran a hand through his hair, it returning to my shoulder soon after.

"i fell in love with you since kindergarten when you told me the sky was blue because slash's guitar was blue that day. you're going to do amazing" he said, pulling me in for a tight hug.

"me and the guys will be outside setting up, come out whenever you want" he said, pulling away and walking to the door.

i knew something was wrong because when he tried to open it, it wouldn't.

"what the fuck" i screamed, as a snake slithered out around my feet.

i panicked, grabbing brendon and pulling him up on the couch as they multiplied.

we screamed, banging on the walls for the door to open.

that's when jack opened the door, him laughing under his breath in his black cloak.

"man, you guys are pussies" jack said, grabbing each snake by the head as he shoved them in a bag.

brendon wrapped his arms around me, "get the fuck out" he said.

"i'm just doing what i gotta do, my buddies" he said with a wide grin.

"fuck you" i said, and with that brendon and i were alone in the dressing room.

-

the gig went well, me and brendon being video taped by alice coopers manager. that most likely meant that they were going to consider brendon's band as an opener and me as a guitarist.

on the way home, i fell asleep in the back of the truck.

brendon brought me in, laying me down on my bed.

"god amber" he said, sounding stressed.

i was the lightest sleeper after this whole mess, obviously i was awake.

what a dumbass

"i love you so much" he mumbled, kneeling in front of me.

"maybe after this whole mess i'll ask you out. you're my prom date, i'm thankful for that" he kissed me on the cheek

"see ya later, ambs"