14

the second tuesday

"where's brendon? how come you're skipping school?" liz asked, her green eyes filled with concern.

"long story" i said, unzipping my sweatshirt.

"you guys have been acting weird..ever since you guys went to that party. what's up with that?" she asked, an annoyed expression on her face.

"he's in the hospital" i muttered.

"what?"

"he's in the hospital!" i screamed, slamming my hand down as everyone in class whipped around to stare at me.

"seriously amber?" my teacher asked, raising an eyebrow.

all eyes were on me.

-

lunch was lonely, liz abandoned me to a lonely table by the window, the gloomy light shining in.

i took a handful of chips, messily shoving them in my mouth as i read my math textbook. studying was useless as usual.

i chomped down on the chips, only to spit them out in a napkin in terror.

on the napkin was the chips remains, blood, and tiny shards of broken glass.

my hand instantly went to my mouth, blood pooling in my hand as i slung my bag over my shoulder and ran outside.

i kept running, jumping on my bike and speeding to brendon's house where he was now on bed rest.

"they got me bren!" i screamed, running upstairs to not find him anywhere.

"brendon?" i screamed, desperately trying to find him.

i whipped open the door to see brendon sitting on the edge of the bed, jess kneeling in front of him. he had his hand over his mouth.

blood dripping down my chin and pooling on my chest right above my white cami, my heart shattered.

"are you fucking kidding me" i said, turning around and throwing my bag across the room. the backpack knocked down a framed photo of me and brendon. we were about 5, 7 at the most. i was smiling, my arms hugging him tightly as he towered over me, his smile just as happy as mine.

"amber!" brendon screamed, sprinting down the stairs in attempt to catch up with me.

"fuck off!" i screamed, slamming the door in his face as i ran across to my house, the night cold making me shiver as it was somehow already getting dark out.

-

"brendon keeps calling" my dad said, stepping in my room as i stayed under the covers.

"tell him i said to fuck off"