2

brendon yanked me downstairs, our dads at the table with their heads in their hands.

"what's up?" i asked, subconsciously coming my fingers through my long straight hair.

"well, we have news." brendon's dad said, standing up.

brendon moved closer to me, sitting on the counter top. "me and her were heading to a party, what's wrong?"

"alice cooper might be playing at the bar" he blurted out, a goofy smile on my face.

i screamed bloody murder, slapping my hand over my mouth.

"amber calm down, it's just a possibility. we're gonna pull out all the stops so him and his management team see how good you are" my dad said, nodding.

i screamed, jumping up and down like a 5 year old.

brendon couldn't stop laughing, smiling like crazy.

"she's gonna be a rockstar "

-

the party was odd.

the second i walked into the backyard, it felt like reality was altered.

the pool almost looked a neon green and it was all lit up, the whole yard filled with fog and smoke.

there were only a few familiar faces, the rest complete strangers with sunken faces.

brendon absentmindedly pulled me closer to him when some guys started eyeing me, shooting them a glare.

"hey" a guy with platinum blonde hair and eyes that almost looked completely black in the light said to me, smirking.

"hello" i said with a small smile, slightly scared. brendon wasn't having it and looked pissed.

"what's your name, cutie?" he asked, crossing his arms and attempting to tower over brendon. brendon rolled his eyes, obviously much taller than us both.

"amber" i said, not a hint of emotion in my voice.

"that's a very pretty name, amber. i'm flash" he said, unable to stop smirking.

"i doubt your name is actually flash" brendon muttered.

"why would you care, rocker boy?" 'flash' asked, an arrogant look on his face.

"b-because, she's my girlfriend" brendon blatantly lied, pulled me closer and wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

"i doubt that you could score her" flash snapped.

"i'm his girlfriend, asshole" i said, before placing my hands on brendon's cheeks and kissing him. he reacted quickly, his arms around my waist.

when we pulled away flash was gone.

"uh" brendon said, scratching the back of his neck while his cheeks flushed red.

"let's get hammered" i blurted out, dragging him to where the drinks were.

-

"and then he vomited everywhere" a girl in a van halen shirt said over the loud heavy rock music, taking a shot of whiskey.

the whole house was filled with odd things, satanic symbols and shrines of dead and alive rockstars.

brendon and i were on our 3rd beer, us giggling like idiots because we were both total lightweights.

"hello" a girl came up to us, wearing a black floor length silk dress. her face looked like it was drained of all it's color, veins popping out on her neck and hands.

"hey" me and brendon said in unison, reaching for our fourth.

"wanna join a rock n roll cult?" she blurted out.

me and brendon, giggling, nodded.

both of us were grabbed, stars drawn on the middle of our neck.

"rock on"

-

brendon and i stumbled home, our converse smacking the wet pavement.

"beeb" i giggled, me now on his back.

"yes, amb?" he asked, spinning around as much as he could without us both collapsing.

"i love you" i said, unable to stop laughing as we walked up the driveway to brendon's house .

guess i was crashing there.

"i love you too, you beautiful guitar playing goddess" he said, letting out a loud obnoxious laugh right before we went silent and snuck into his bedroom.