21

Avni's POV

I must have misheard the real name of Vidyut. Though we were friends for a long time, I never really got the opportunity to ask him his full name; I know it's hard but it's the truth.

"Neil you are so genius, very brilliant, Fantastic! But unfortunately your ingenuity brought your death," Vidyut said breaking my trail of thoughts. "You could have arrested me on the basis of Avni's testimony but nah you decided to play with fire. But remember who ever is playing with fire is bound to burn," Vidyut smirked.

I was still constantly thinking of Vidyut's real name when suddenly the goons came and caught Neil by his arms on Vidyut's saying.  Of course Neil was trying his best to free himself but the goons were much stronger.

" Yes my revenge wasn't with Avni. It was with you Neil," Vidyut said.

This words shook my inside and my eyes widened at his statement. Why the heck did Vidyut wanted revenge on Neil.

" You know my name Neil not my history. Think carefully about the past you might have an idea,"

I could see that Neil was trying hard to think about where he went wrong with Vidyut. I really hope what I'm thinking is wrong. Please prove me wrong. Neil's face was now soaked with sweat with the continuous effort he was doing to free himself from the clutches of the goons.

" No it can't be. You can't be the...," I said trying hard to continue my sentence but I couldn't. A lump was forming in my throat which made me swallow hard.

Neil finally understood what I meant because he seemed flabbergasted and shocked as well.

" Yes Avni! You are right. I am Vidyut Sharma. The brother of Mithali Sharma," He said it loud, his voice depicting anger. " You broke my sister's heart by dumping her and now I'm not gonna spare you," He was now acting like psycho and yelling like a mad; somewhere in my heart I had pity for him but I remembered how he used to torture me for talking to Neil, how he kidnapped my mother and made me feel like an orphan, how the pain of being separated from Neil pierced my heart and finally how he used my own best friend against me.

" Neil you broke my beloved sister's heart. You could have saved your life but no you decided to come here and save this Avni. What was really lacking in my sister's love for you. Because of Mithali tried to kill herself twice," Vidyut fell to the ground with tears having a feast on his eyes. 

" Vidyut stop acting like child. Mithali cheated on me that's why I dumped her. It wasn't me who broke his heart but it was her who broke my heart," Neil yelled as loud as he could.

" I dont care! Because of you my sister cried. You are the sole one responsible for her state. Today my sister is in coma because of you. I'm going to kill you and this Avni. After all It's because of her that you left my sister,"

Some of the goons came and caught me by my waist. We were both trapped and there was no way we could escape. Vidyut suddenly pulled out his guns and groped Ali. He point the gun on Ali's head. This scared the wits out us. I could hear my heartbeats which were louder than Ali's screams.

My hands had some red and purple marks of hands as I tried to free myself. 

The next thing I heard nearly killed me. Vidyut had pressed the trigger. Blood was spattered everywhere. I opened my eyes which was covered by hands and saw that I was drenched in blood; Ali was on the ground counting his last breath.

I screamed loudly and with an immense force I freed myself. I ran towards Ali with tears having no halt. I sat down and put his head on my laps trying my best to keep pain away from him.

" Avni I'm sorry, I really am. I guess this is the only punishment for my sins. Please forgive me," saying this, he died.

He died! He left me! 

I became numb as if I have been paralyzed with shock. My hands drenched in blood caressed Ali's face closing his eyes. Suddenly my tears stopped flowing and in the blink of an eye, I found myself strangling Vidyut's neck shouting and yelling.

Neil managed to free himself and came to handle me but I was in no sense to stop. 

This man is seriously going to die!

After trying for a million time, Neil finally managed to hold me but we were in trouble, there were guns pointed towards us.

" Ali is gone. Now it's your turn,"

" Vidyut why do you always have to rush," Neil said and again Vidyut's face dropped.

" The last twist is always brought by the hero," he said confidently " Thanks to Avni who was keeping an eye on you and your farmhouse we managed to find enough evidences and guess what, everything happening right now is being shown live to the public. We have installed cameras while you were busy keeping an eye on avni," he smirked.

The shrill sounds of the police sirens were being heard and in matter of seconds all the goons escaped from the basement.

" Vidyut Sharma you are under arrest,"

A/N: Finallllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! All this is over! Now Avneil can be at peace but Ali died. I feel like killing myself for doing this to Ali. Well this was the last part of this plot. 

Do drop your views and don't forget to vote