19

Avni's POV

Standing at the door step, my mind was constantly cursing me for trusting Ali. After all, everything that was happening right now was because of him. He was the one to hatch the conspiracy to kill Neil. He was the one to provoke Vidyut to do all this and finally he is the one behind the sorrows on my face. I had all right to not trust him again but sometimes I wonder if I ever did wrong to him. For sure I did break his heart as I couldn't understand his feelings for me but that was totally unfair. I never knew that Ali could stoop so low. I turned to Ali who was equally flabbergasted to see the person standing in front of us.

Avni: Did you again double cross me?

I asked Ali and in return all I got was silence. The cat caught his tongue and I was now fully convinced that he again tricked me.

I was so fed up of dramas, how I wished I never fell in love with Neil then all this would have never happened. The basement was dark that's why only the silhouette was visible but I was damn confident that Vidyut was wearing a evil smirk. I moved forward feeling weak in the knees, hoping that all this was a dream and that someone would wake me up; but no, this was real.

My steps jingled to a halt when I came closer to Vidyut and saw that his goons had their gund around Neela Maa. I knew that this was the end of all of us.

Vidyut: Surprise Surprise..... He said with a wicked smile on his face.... Your attempt to escape again failed.

How stupid of me to trust Ali again!

Vidyut: You know Avni, earlier I wanted to kill Ali and marry you but now none of you will be spared....... expression changes from evil to extremely dark and angry.

It was at that moment that I finally understood Ali didn't double cross me but instead he wanted to correct his mistakes or should I say his sins.

Vidyut: Oh Avni, first you lost Neil because of Ali's craziness and now you will lose your Neela maa and Ali because your stupidity......  he said and I felt like someone just turned my world upside down.

There were still many questions in my head. If Vidyut never loved me then did he kidnap Neela maa and why did he agree to kill Neil.

Vidyut: Avni you are about to witness the worst scene in your life

Tears formed in my eyes, I wanted to kill myself and finish all this but that would do no good. Ali had regret and guilt in his eyes and Neela maa was too weak to even say something but her eyes said it all. I wanted to hug her and love her but it seems that fate did not want this.

Vidyut: Prepare yourself to die 

Suddenly a voice came out of nowhere and said something which made Vidyut panic.

"What's the hurry man,"

A/N: Good news, this book is no longer on hold 

Suspense....