15

I was sick for the rest of the weekend. But I do feel a lot better now, but I'm still a bit sick. It started off as super sunny and really hot today. So I didn't bother to bring a sweater. And me and Riku are always to lazy to check the weather, just in case. So I knew I was screwed when I walked out of class. It was raining. How does it go from super freaking sunny to rain? What's wrong with our weather?

I'm screwed. It's either I run back home and get sick again, or I stay here until the rain stops or Riku gets here. But there's no doubt in calling Riku, she's probably fast asleep. She always sleeps on a rainy day.

"Hey!" Someone shouts. I turn around and see Itsuki running towards me. I smile and wave at him. "What are you doing here? Shouldn't you get back home?" He asks.

"I should. But I don't have a sweater with me. Or an umbrella. And I'll be even more sick if I just run home out there." I said. I love the rain. Except for when I'm sick and I don't have a sweater. I wore a skirt like always.

Itsuki grabs my hand. I look over and see he placed an umbrella on it. "What are you doing?" I ask.

"You'll need it more than me. I still have a few things to do right now. So you should head home." He said.

"What about you? How are you going to get home now?" I ask, worriedly.

"I'll be alright. I'll call a taxi later. I won't be here for long. Just an hour. And it'll be really quick." He smiles at me. I look down at the umbrella feeling guilty. I hate that he's helping me all the time.

I feel his arms wrap around me from behind. I don't know what to do at that moment. So I just stay still. "Be safe." He says, before walking out the door. I was so confused.

I walk out and open up the umbrella. I'm glad I'm not getting wet, but I'm still cold. I'm absolutely freezing. I reach a coffee shop. I walk inside and take a seat for a little bit. I buy a cup of coffee and a muffin and relax. I look outside for a bit. At these times are when I love the rain. I like being inside with a mug of coffee and just looking at the rain. It always relaxes me. It's even better when I'm in my pajamas and watching a movie with my mom or Riku. And we'd eat a bunch of snacks until we pass out in the couch. Riku's probably doing it without me though. She must be having fun.

After I finish my coffee, I start to walk back home. It was still really cold outside, so it was hard holding onto the umbrella and warming up my arms at the same time.

"Kumi!" Someone shouts. I look up ahead and see Daichi running towards me. He looked really worried. "What are you doing? It's raining and it's cold. You don't even have a sweater." He says.

"I didn't think it would rain today. Guess I was wrong." I said, looking down at my feet. I hate myself right now. I look back up at Daichi. He takes off his jacket and puts it around me. It felt nice. It was super warm. He then takes my umbrella. "I'll walk you home the rest of the way. I don't want you getting sick anymore." He said. He then pulls me against his chest. I don't do anything at that moment. I close my eyes and listen to his heartbeat. I'm suddenly super tired.

We pull away and start to walk home. As warm as this jacket is, my hands were still hold. I could barely touch my arm without getting goosebumps. Daichi takes a hold of my right hand and squeezes it tight. His hand was warm.

We reach my apartment. I take off the jacket and hand it to Daichi. "You'll need this. Get home safely." I said, holding up the jacket.

He takes it and smile at me. "Thanks. You should take a jacket with you for now on. Just in case. I'll see you tomorrow. Bye Kumi." He says handing me the umbrella, then leaving.

I walk inside and find Riku sleeping on the couch with popcorn all over the floor and a bit of coffee spilt on the table. Guess she did have a coffee. Luckily I'm not the one that's going to be cleaning this up. I laugh lightly and go into my room. I change into pajamas and then lay on my bed, staring at the ceiling. It's when I realized that I didn't feel anything towards Daichi when he hugged me earlier. I remember when he did that I used to stutter or my face would go red. It didn't seem to happen today.

Maybe I'm finally over him.

|
|
|
|

Hi guys. Sorry for long update. I've been really stressed with school. School makes me want to die. I suffer being there. But I hope everyone's had a good week or is having a good weekend. My sister is in Seattle for a convention. I heard it canceled and she got free pizza. Which I'm jealous of. I love free food. Hope you are all doing good.

Bye my friends :)