Dilemma

Ariven just did his morning workout. He went on the balcony to see Minela watering her plants. He gave her a hug from behind and placed a kiss on her neck. She scrunched her nose.

"Ewe, Ariven, go to bath, you smell! Don't hug me!"

"I just did my workout, what do you expect?"

"I'd expect you go to take a bath and step away from me!"

"You're so mean!" Ariven faked a look of hurt as went to take a bath.

When he was done, he went downstairs where Minela was just seated for breakfast. He wanted to ask her something but he didn't know how to start.

"Dangerous world, isn't it? Last night a fifteen year old was kidnapped by her neighbour. The douche wanted money." Minela looked at him blankly.

"Oh. That's sad." She said, not knowing how to respond.

"Yeah and this morning a man found his wife dead by a road leading to her work...the suspect is her ex husband who was seen with her the night before."

"I don't understand why someone would kill anyone just because they're no longer together." Minela stated.

"Hmmm...and just an hour ago, a young woman of 25 years was found severely wounded by the shop where she worked. She's in coma right now and reports revealed she was raped by one of her ex boyfriends."

"Okay, are you planning to fund a charity for victims who have been and raped or something? " She asked, making Ariven roll his eyes.

"I was just pointing out that nobody is actually safe nowadays. "

Minela raised her eyebrows. Ariven closed his eyes.

"I was just wondering about appointing full time bodyguards for you? What do you say to that?"

"No."

"But why-"

"No. No. No."

"Minela what's wrong with-"

"No Ariven, we spoke about this before. I'm not comfortable with having people constantly following me. Even as a child, my parents never appointed bodyguards for me...unless we were going to some public functions where crowds were involved. I..." Minela stopped, not knowing what else to say. She felt like her privacy would be at stake.

"Minela they wouldn't follow you everywhere it's just for your safety-"

"No. I don't want to, Ariven. Why do you want to put guards around me? Do...you not trust me?" Ariven saw a look of hurt flash on her face and instantly felt bad.

"No, Minela. You think I'm doing that to spy on you? I'm not interested in what you do, Minela. I just want you to be safe! What's wrong with having bodyguards?"

"You don't understand. I need privacy. I just go to work and back home. The office has enhanced security and I always come with a driver. I don't know what has gotten into you all of a sudden to want to put bodyguards after me."

Ariven sighed, "I fucking don't trust the people you meet THAT'S WHY!"

"Bosotch? "

"And your fucking ex. Would you meet him if he wants to?"

This made Minela ponder. Would she?

"I...don't know." She said finally. This made Ariven clench his fist. Even after all that she still wanted to meet him? He wanted to tell her that he didn't want her meeting him again but he didn't. Why should he tell her? Didn't she know it was inappropriate to do that? He didn't want to sound like those possessive and controlling husband. If Minela wanted to speak to anyone, she could do so, he wouldn't stop her.