Home

Ariven felt tensed when he checked the time.

11:45 p.m

The clock ticked but time seemed to still.

Why should I care?

Ariven would sometimes come home late but not Minela.  He finally couldn't stand it. What if something actually happened to her?

He woke up from his bed and called at her office.

"Gillion Company  Limited , Miss. Janavee here. Hello? "

" Hello. Is your boss, Mrs. Minela Watson still working? "

"May I know who  this is? "

" Ariven Watson, her husband. "

"Identification code please."

"68089"

"No Sir, Mrs Minela has left since 7:30 p.m "

"Do you happen to have any idea where she might be?"

"No Sir. I supposed she was returning home as usual. "

" Okay.  " Ariven hung up.

Where is she?

Maybe he should call his guards? He dialed a number.

"Hello. My wife is missing, I want you to search for her. Check  the way up her office till my residence and notify me if you find anything. "

.

.

.

Ariven had been waiting for 2 hours and there was still no sign of Minela.  He finally decided to search for her, himself. He went in his garage and was about to start his car when he received a call from the guards.

"Sir,  your wife was found naked and dumped near the Vindayo highway. No major  external injuries found but we need to check for internal injuries and check whether she was... raped. Do we send her to a hospital? "

" No, bring her to Watson and Sons  Clinic, I don't want media to find out. Do the tests, I'm coming. Is she unconscious? "

" Yes sir. "

.

.

.

Ariven almost fainted on seeing Minela in the hospital gown. Her skin was so pale that she could easily be mistaken for that of the dead. Minela opened her eyes when Ariven approached. She started crying, making Ariven rush to her.

" Shh it's okay, I'm here. I'm sorry " Ariven felt guilty. Had he looked for her earlier, all these could've been avoided. What was I thinking?

Minela continued to cry on his chest.

"I'm scared." She said as she tried to look around, only to stop when she felt an acute pain in her neck. Tears clouded her vision once again.

"Don't be, okay. I'm here. "

Minela simply nodded, still traumatised about the whole incident. Ariven was shocked she was even letting him touch her. He didn't even know whether to inform their families or not.

There was a knock.

" Sir, I would like to speak to you about her results."

Ariven was about to stand up when Minela squeezed his hand.

"Don't leave me, please! "

Ariven kissed her forehead, "I'll be back."

.