Bamboozlement

Ariven came home at 8:30 p.m and was surprised when he found that the house was dark. He went towards the living room on hearing some faint noises. Clomestiana was sitting on the sofa wearing sports bras and shorts. She was watching a film that Ariven didn't know of but considering the scene that was being played, (a man was peeling a little boy's skin while the latter shouted for his life) it was a horror movie.

"Is this the kind of movies that normal people are watching nowadays? " Ariven suddenly said out of blue, causing Clomestiana to flinch.

"Gosh you scared me."

"So I'm scarier than the movie? "

"Yup. You're a devil" He laughed.

"Where's your sister? "

"She's not home yet. Why? Missing her already? Why don't you come and enjoy the movie with me."

"No. Only psychopaths watch movies like this. I'm going to change."

"Want me to help you change? " She suggested jokingly , raising her right brow.

"No it's fine." He smirked.

"Oh. Come on!" She pulled him by his shirt and smiled flirtatiously as she bit her lips.

Ariven laughed nervously as he looked around, his vision only met the darkness of the night. He knew Clomestiana was just messing with him. He ruffled her hair as if she was just a kid as he asked.

"Where's Koshi?"

Clomestiana 's expression changed at the mention of her.

"She hasn't showed me her face since the morning. "

"Okay, I'll look for her then."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Minela was soaked to the skin in the middle of a motorway. Her driver had a family emergency just at the last minute and Minela didn't need to arrange for one since she knew how to drive but now, she was regretting her decision; her car had broken down and her phone was dead.  She could've patiently waited inside of her car but when it started to rain, she couldn't help but touch the rain. Thunder roared as a light pole just in front of her went off.

She looked around and felt a shiver down her spine. Why am I anxious? She thought. Maybe I could try to stop a car for some help.
She animatedly waved her hands in order to grab some attention. To no avail. It was dark and nobody would want to pick up a wretch - looking woman like her. Just when she was about to give up, a dilapidated truck stopped by.

Inside was a stern looking, old man whose face was covered with scars and whose right brow was cut. His lips were dark, a shade lighter than his eyes and hair. There was a shiny piercing in his bottom lip.

"Wha' d'you want' missie? " He asked in a deep voice. From his accent, Minela knew he was not from here. Minela couldn't get her voice out of her throat.

"N-nothing, I'm sorry. "

"Heh heh! Ya scared o' my scarred face ? Ya shouldn't judge person by face missie. Don't ya want a lift?"

Minela hesitated so he continued, "Oka' then wait until a young handsom' man comes teh giv' yeh a lift , I'm goin' "

The man started his engine. Minela quickly wondered who was going to help her if she didn't accept the ferocious looking man's help. He was right, she shouldn't judge him by his face. It's not like every scary looking man was a serial killer.

"Wait! Can you please drop me at Nor Hertem's Avenue?"

The man smiled as thunder sounded again and lightning flashed again, illuminating his ugly face, making him look even more like a beast. Minela gulped as he nodded and told her to come to sit beside him on the truck.