Doubts

"I... went to speak with your sister. " He wasn't lying, he tried to console himself by telling himself that.

"What were you speaking about?" She asked innocently.

"You." He said, turning away from her. He felt awfully guilty. She snaked her hands around him. He moved uncomfortably.

"I'm sorry. Do you not like me holding you?" Minela asked timidly. It was usually Ariven wrapping his arms around her, not the other way round. He turned around, wrapping her in his arms.

"No, I like it." He said in a monotonous manner.

"Something seems off. Did something happen?"

"No, go to sleep. Goodnight. " He said, kissing her forehead. Minela didn't believe him but didn't want to push it further.

______________________________

Minela had made some mashed potatoes, vegetable soup and boiled eggs for Younee. She placed them on the table where she was seated and was about to sit next to Ariven when Clomestiana quickly stole the seat, giving Ariven her killer smile. Ariven smirked at her, saying something that sounded like 'that's not enough'.

Minela had no idea what he was talking about so, she confusingly asked him, "your food is not enough? "

Ariven looked at his plate, perplexed.

" What? "

" You said something was not enough..."

Realisation struck him, "Oh, I was speaking to Clo. " He said, looking at Clo.

Throughout the dinner , Ariven and Clomestiana chatted animatedly, sometimes indulging Younee in their conversation, causing Minela to feel left out. Ariven and Clomestiana as if deliberately, ignored her. She never missed the way her sister wiped some sauce from Ariven's lower lip with her finger but didn't notice when she put her finger in her mouth afterwards.

Minela tried to act unconcerned until Clomestiana gave Ariven a bite of food from her fork.

" What the hell do you think you're doing with my husband? " Minela imagined herself saying but just coughed and pretended not to see anything.

.

.

.

.

.

_________________________________

" What was that? " Minela asked her sister.

She acted ignorant.

" What was what? " Minela came close to her sister and gave her an intimidating look.

"Trying to remove my husband's shirt, your brother in law's shirt-"

" Oh come on! There was sauce on his shirt! "

" The sauce you had deliberately thrown on him! "

" I.have.not. And besides, Ariven is my brother in law, I don't see him in a sexual way if that's what you're implying! How dare you think of that Minela, are you that insecure? Do you think he'll leave you for me just because I'm prettier than you?"

"Or, so is it common courtesy to wipe your brother-in-law's lips with your finger!"

"What's the big deal? You're acting as though you caught me fucking your husband or something. Come off it sis, I just wiped his lips, nothing else."

Minela didn't know what to say so she changed the topic.

" For how long are you planning to stay here? " Minela asked in an irritated tone.