Boundaries

"Why?"

"Ariven is not how I assumed he was, so I don't want to carry our plans."

"Excuse me? What do you mean not carry on! After everything we planned, you have the guts to back out on me because of your stupid husband! "

Minela paused, wondering what to do. Yes, they did have everything planned but for some reason, it felt wrong. She started question her decision.

"Okay, we'll not cancel it. Just please don't execute it yet. Give me some time, I have to think about it."

"Think about what? Form the alliance, wait for three years and then break it on 23 April. That was the deal. Are you backing out right now, Minela?"

"I'm not, please let's just wait. I haven't-"

"Shut it dammit! After all I did for you, this is how you fucking repay me! You know what, just do whatever you want! " He shouted as he angrily slammed his phone against the wall. Minela sighed as she tiptoed to Ariven's room. She froze when she felt him stir. She held her breath until she realized he was still in a deep slumber. She felt a large amount of guilt overwhelm her as she tried to sleep, without completely understanding what she felt guilty for.

_________________________

In the morning, Minela felt a hot breath on her neck as she jolted awake. Her breathing quickened as she realised it was just Ariven. He had her wrapped in his strong muscular arms and his face was buried in her neck. Their position could've easily fooled anyone, giving the impression that they were closer than they actually were. Minela forcefully segregated herself from him, causing him to groan. She quickly pulled the curtains, allowing the bright morning sunlight to hit Ariven's face.

"Who the fuck-?" He asked and suddenly stopped as he remembered that Minela was sleeping with him.

"Minela, what is wrong with you!"

"As far as I know, you have to get ready for work, don't you? So, why are you complaining? "

"Well, I'm not going." He muttered, as he turned on the other side, his eyes still closed.

"What? Why? Are you going to stay at home?"

"When did you start thinking that you had the right to question me?" He retorted.

"Well, fine. Whatever. As if I care." She muttered as she went into the bathroom.

________________________________

It was 5:00pm. Minela was alone. She was in a bad mood. She had just cancel a very profitable deal with a very reputed company and this could've an adverse effect on her company. The owner wanted to share the profits equally but Minela disagreed. I need to show him that he needs me and I don't need him not the other way round. Everyone wanted to have a partnership with the Gillions and Minela would take advantage of the fact, being in partnership with the Gillion meant prosperity and popularity for just any normal business, hence, just to improve their reputation, most companies tried to put up with the unjust policies of the Gillions, like contributing more and receiving less. Minela had learnt this strategy from her dad. Ariven, however, had a completely different approach, he usually tried to set a win win situation where both parties benefit. Both of their strategies were correct and both of them were able to run their business using their respective strategies.

Koshi and Ariven had gone somewhere. For some reason, Minela felt empty. The house felt like before, again; dull and empty.

A maid, tentatively knocked, taking Minela out of her reverie.