A new beginning

Minela returned home after paying a short visit to her parents. The house was lighted. Strange. She turned the key, the door was already open. She was not expecting this. Maybe Ariven was already there, which was vey unusual of him. He'd usually come after Minela had slept. On opening the door, a gush of laughters and voices met her ears. More peculiar.

What greeted her was a beautiful young lady dressed in a short black dress which almost left nothing to the imagination. She had the most perfect figure and perhaps if she was taller, Minela would have thought she was a model. Who is she? Her husband was animatedly chatting with the girl as if they were long lost friends. Who is she to make him laugh? Ariven always had a frown etched on his face when he would look at Minela. What brought about the change? The girl turned and, on noticing Minela, she rushed to her and hugged her tightly. Minela almost stumbled with shock. She was not expecting this.

"Oh I'm so sorry to surprise you like that! I'm Koshi. Gosh Ariven , you didn't tell me, your wife is so beautifuĺ!" She exclaimed, totally amazed at seeing the legendary business tycoon Minela Watson in front of her

Ariven gave just gave her a confused look and quickly flicked his eyes onto Minela. He never particularly looked at her for more than a second.

Koshi laughed and tapped Minela on the shoulder , almost knocking her air out. Minera gasped, startled, as she stumbled then again on the flat white-tiled, pearl-like floor. She glared furiously at Koshi, who only smiled in return.

"Sorry! I hope you understand my mood ... I'm meeting Ariven after like, what? Three years? Hihi " She laughed, showing all her white, shiny and perfect teeth.

Minela rolled her eyes as she turned in the direction of her room, without saying anything back to her. If this was his friend, she had no particular interest in knowing her. Ariven grabbed her hands and almost dragged her inside her room.

Minela looked at him, seething with anger. "What do you think you're doing?" How dare he touch her! She was filled with rage. They had never talked all these years and suddenly he had the audacity to touch her and drag her to her room? Not to mention that he had never been inside her room since the day of his marriage.

"Listen to me, you'll have to move to my room, we cannot let Koshi know about our...um mm. ...inconveniences. She has to think that we're a happily married couple. Alright?"

Minela was shocked by his proposal. This was the first time he had brought someone she didn't know home and told her to act like a couple in front of them. Nevertheless she was still angry, why would she agree to play her little games for him?

"And what makes you think I'm going to listen to you? Who is she? Why is she even here? "

"None of your business. Just wrap your shits and get your ass in my room!" Ariven replied coldly. He didn't feel that someone like her needed to know things about him or his friends.

"Then I won't! Let your 'friend' know what a devil you are! She has the right to know Ariven Watson doesn't sleep on the same bed as his wife." She sneered.

Ariven's eyes darkened as he approached her, close, dangerously close.

"Could've told me that you two needed some time alone, I wouldn't have bothered." Koshi said teasingly as stood at the other side of the closed door.

"Wrap it. Remember we had a deal." Ariven whispered as he left the room with Koshi. He was referring to the deal of not allowing anyone to know about their relationship.

Minela was on tenterhooks; after all this time, she was going to stay in Ariven's room, her husband's room. How was this going to be? Will they share the same bed? She shuddered at the thought. No way! Only a couple should share the same bed and they were far from that.