Chapter 11

•••

A few days later I take Peeta out to the woods because he wants me to teach him how to hunt. Once we get into the woods I take out my now from one hollowed tree and my arrows from another. We walk to a wide enough tree and I load my bow.

"Watch me. Closely." I say to Peeta and he turns his head to me, studying my posture, where my arrow is on my bow, how I pull and release. As I let the arrow fly I watch it get stuck in the tree. "Hang on." I say and I scurry up the tree to retrieve the arrow.

"Ready? It's your turn, Peeta."

"Okay." he says not too confidently. He takes the bow from me and I give him an arrow. He loads the bow just how I showed him.

"Now just pull back, aim, then release." I instruct him. He pulls back and aims at the tree not to high and not to low and lets go of the string launching the arrow towards the tree's trunk. I notice from where the arrow is that when he released he moved a little to the left. "Not bad." I say to him smiling.

"But it isn't in the center." he complains.

"That's okay. You did a much better job than I did when I first started." I compliment. "You just need to keep practicing."

"Okay." he says.

After a couple hours it starts to get dark. "I think it's time to start heading back." Peeta says. We've been out in the woods all afternoon.

"Okay." I agree. As we walk back home we pass the bakery. "When will they be done with the bakery?" I ask Peeta.

"Um I think in about 2 months." he answers. I nod and we keep walking home.

When we get inside Peeta makes dinner and we eat. After we finish we get our pajamas on and go to bed. I lay down comfortable in Peeta's protective arms.

"I love you, Katniss." Peeta says.

"I love you too." I manage before sleep pulls me under.