Chapter 32

I wake up cold. Peeta isn't beside me. I don't panic becuase this has happened before. Peeta is downstairs making breakfast and he'll come up to get me, sweep me off my feet and carry me downstairs. I wait for about 15 minutes until I start to get worried. I crawl out of bed and creep down the stairs. Peeta isn't down here.

"Peeta?" I call.

"Out here." He says. I follow his voice to outside and find him sitting on the back steps. I sit down next to him and lay my head on his shoulder. He puts his arm around me and starts talking. He tells me about his dream and I let a small tear roll down my cheek.

We are silent for a while untill he says something, "I'm sorry about last night." He appologizes.

I shake my head, "Don't." I say. "You don't need to appologize. You can't help it. Just like I can't help thrashing around everytime an image of Snow comes into my head. Its just something we can deal with." A couple minutes go by when I stand up and take Peeta's hand pulling him up with me. "Come on. Let's go for a walk." We head for the meadow when all of a sudden we hear a blood curdling scream.

We both break into a sprint and follow the screams. We reach a house in what used to be the seam and see Gale with a gun and someone dead on the floor. I gasp and almost fall over tears burning my eyes. Peeta grabs my waist and pulls me into him trying to comfort me but I break free and stomp over to Gale.

"How could you do this?" I wail.

"I was looking for you but nobody would tell me where you were." He hisses.
"We told him we didn't know where you were because you're never in one place for a long period of time." A female's voice rings out with innocence. Peeta immediately starts to herd everyone back to their houses assuring them everything will be okay.
"Just because you can't find me doesn't give you the right to just kill anybody who doesn't satisfy you." I spit in his face.
"Maybe you should've just come with me when I initially told you to and none of this would've happened." He sneers.
Then comes Peeta's voice, "You should just accept the fact that she's with me now and nothing will change that." Peeta says harshly. Just then Gale barrels over and slaps Peeta across the face then he turns and leaves. Turning what should've been a peaceful afternoon into a stressful chaos.

A/N
Hey guys! Sorry I haven't updated in what seems like forever!😬I've been so unbelievably busy I haven't had much time for anything really. I've also had major writers block but not anymore. Hopefully I'll be updating much more now. Don't forget to vote and leave feedback! Ilyasm💜