Chapter 6

•••

We spend the rest of the day in his house, in bed. His arms wrapped protectively around me. We play the game we used to play, to straighten more things out for Peeta until he asks me the one question I have had implanted in my mind since the first time he said it. "You love me. Real or Not Real?" he asks me.

"Real Peeta. The answer to that will always be real." He smiles and leans in. Next thing I know, his lips are on mine. It's not like the other kisses we've shared in the games, in the cave or on the beach. This one is real. It's full of passion, and fire, and it makes me want more. He pulls away, and rests his forehead on mine. "I love you so much, Katniss." he tells me.

"I love you too, Peeta. So much." I reply. 

Soon, it's getting late. "Would you like to have dinner with me tonight?" Peeta asks.

"Sure." I say with a smile. I go into the living room, and sit on the couch, going through the TV channels, waiting for Peeta to finish making dinner.

"It's ready." Peeta calls from the kitchen. I go and sit at the table while Peeta puts my plate in front of me. Mmm lamb stew and cheese buns. My favorite.

"Thank you, Peeta." I say genuinely.

"It's not problem Katniss." he says back to me.

We finish eating dinner and Peeta puts our plates in the sink. I grab one more cheese bun from the platter he put them on, and head to the couch. Soon Peeta joins me, and puts his arm around me. I lean into him and put my head on his shoulder. Suddenly he takes the cheese bun out of my hand and takes a big bite.

"Hey! Get your own!" I say pretending to be sad but giggling a little.

"Why would I get up, make you uncomfortable, and get my own from the kitchen when you have half of one in your hand? It's nice to share you know." he says chuckling. I giggle again and let him have it.

After he takes a few more bites from it, I pout and say, "Can I have my food back now?"

"Fine," he says after taking one more bite from it before handing it back to me. I look at it and there's only about 1/4 of it left.

"Really?" I ask him showing what little he left me.

"Yeah. Sorry. I like cheese buns to you know." I laugh and finish what's left of my cheese bun.