Chapter 25

In the morning I realize that we forgot to call Effie. After breaskfast I make my way to the phone with Peeta close behind.

"Who are you calling?" He asks leaning against the door frame. Ugh, he's so handsome. I'm so happy he's mine. 

"Effie. Then I think my mom and Annie." I say.

He nods and I know he's still thinking about me asking Gale. Truth is I haven't really thought about it since Haymitch brought it up last night. I know I probably should because we were best friends and he's done so much for me but at the same time I don't think I should because of what happened to my liitle duck. 

The phone rings twice before Effie picks up.

"Hello?" She says her Capitol accent thick through the phone.

"Hey Effie. Its me, Katniss." I say

"Oh my goodness Katniss how are you dear? It's been a while!" She exclaims. 

"I'm good how are you?" I ask politly.

"I'm great now that I'm hearing your voice!" She says with a laugh. "So what can I do for you?" 

"Um I was wondering if you would like to help me pick out a wedding dress..." I let myself trail off to let the new sink in.

"Sure but why would you need a wedding dress dear?" She asks not understanding.

"Because Peeta and I are getting married." I say happily looking at a beaming Peeta.

Effie gasps on the other end of the phone, "Darling that's wonderful! I'm so happy for you! Yes I would love to help you! When and where is the wedding?" She asks her voice full of enthusiasm.

"Well we haven't really planned that yet." I say "Why don't you come over and help us plan as well? We could really use the help and I think it'd be nice to see you." I say

"Oh yes! I'll be on a train in the morning and see you by tomorrow evening." She says.

"Alright we'll see you then!" I say happy.

"Yes, goodbye!" She says hanging up. I turn to look in the direction of Peeta and don't see him. 

"Peeta," I yell walking out of the room.

"In here." I hear his voice yell back at me. I walk into his paint room at the end of the hall and peek in. I see Peeta sitting behind one of the many easels he has in the room painting a picture. I creep in but he hears me and turns around fast covering his artwork. 

"No! You can't see this one yet." He says urgently.

"Why not?" I ask. I'm always allowed to see his painting even if they're not done.

"Uh because. Because this one's special and I want you to see it when its all done." He says quickly.

"Okay," I say and go back to the phone to call my mom about the wedding. 

I pick up the phone and dial her number that she put on the fridge before she left for 4 with Annie. It rings about three or four times before she answers.

"Hello?" She starts sounding very tired.

"Hey mom? Its me, Katniss." I say missing her.

"Oh Katniss my dear how are you?" She says glad to hear its me.

"Good," I say "Great actually uh there's something 

i need to tell you."

"What is it sweetie?" She asks curious.

I was wondering if you would like to help me plan a very important event. Actually I was wondering if you and Annie would want to help." I say dropping hints as I speak. 

"Sure, what kind of event?" She asks eager to help me.

"My wedding." I say allowing myself to trail off. 

"Oh Katniss!" My mother says gasping. "We would love to! Oh I can't wait to see you and Peeta!" She exclaims happyily. I finish by telling her that she can meet us at the train station tomorrow evening when Effie arrives. She agrees and hangs up. I put the phone back on the hook and begin to walk out the door when I bump into Peeta. 

"Sorry. I didn't know you were there." I say with a little bit of a laugh. Peeta pulls me closer and kisses me on the tip of my nose.

"Don't worryabout it. I'm glad it was you and not someone else." He says smiling. He's so good with words. I know he will make a good father some day. I blush and smile a small smile. 

He tilts my chin up so I have to look him in the eyes and I ask him a question, "You love me. Real or not real?" 

Peeta isn't hesitant with his answer. "Real." He says, the words tumbling out of his mouth. He pulls my face up to his so our lips meet sweetly before we go downstairs and decide to watch a movie.

About half way through the movie my eyes get heavy and I can't keep them open anymore. But before I slip into sleep I feel Peeta plant a kiss on my forhead and whisper, "I love you Katniss."

Hey guys sorry I haven't updated in a while. I've had so much to do between schiool and baton comepetitions I haven't found any time to write. I had just enough time though to write this for you guys! ilyasm :)