Chapter 7

•••

I leave Peeta's house a couple hours later. When I get home, I take a shower and go to bed because I'm exhausted. I lay in bed though, scared to close my eyes in fear that the nightmares will return.

Thankfully I have a nightmareless sleep. I get up out of bed and shower. Then I brush my teeth, and put my hair in it's usual braid. I walk down stairs and see Peeta sitting on my couch.

"What are you doing here?" I ask. "And how'd you get in?"

"I wanted to make breakfast for you." Peeta says. "And when you came back last night, I guess you forgot to lock the door because it was open."

"Oh, alright." I say, "Well since you came in to make me breakfast, where is it?" I ask jokingly.

Peeta laughs. "I'll get right on that." he says and walks over to the kitchen. "Pancakes?" he asks me.

"Yes please." I say like a little kid. He gets everything ready and starts making me pancakes and soon enough, we are at the table eating the delicious food he made for us.

"So what are we gonna do today?" I ask Peeta.

He thinks for a minute. "Maybe, because I hate when I'm not with you, we could move some of your stuff into my house and we could live together?"

A huge smile spreads across my face. "Sure!" I say, with pure happiness. And that's what we do for the rest of the day. We make Peeta's house, ours.