the baby

Lucie sat next to the toilet feeling like sour milk. She opened the door and shouted to Gabbie.

"What?" She asked.
"Gab I feel awful, like worse than when we had those burritos from the food truck in senior year" Lucie groaned.
"Oh my god, it must be bad!" Gabbie laughed sitting next to her.

Lucie lent her head against the sink.

"Gab...I missed my period" Lucie mumbled.
"When?" She replied searching her eyes.
"Thursday" The girl whispered back, looking to the floor.
"Oh my god Luce..we need to go to the drugstore right now" Gabbie exclaimed.

Gabbie helped Lucie get up and walked her to the car. She was glad that this was happening when she was visiting and Lucie wasn't going through this alone.

They drove to the drugstore and Lucie made her buy seven pregnancies tests just in case. It was a short lived trip because Lucie felt gross so they drove back quickly.

Together they carried in the boxes of tests and made a direct walk to the bathroom away from Tom and Harrison. Lucie took every test and to then sat on the bathtub with Gabbie waiting.

She tried to distract Luce but she couldn't take her eyes off them.

Suddenly, Gabbie lost her balance and fell into the bathtub behind her.
They both began to cry with laughter.

"Luce, I promise you whatever the result is everyone will support you" Gabbie assured, using her arms to lift her body out of the bath.

Lucie bright Gabbie into a hug and then went over and looked at the tests.

Positive.

"Gab, I'm pregnant" She giggled, tears spilling out of her eyes.

The two jumped up and began screaming with excitement.

Harrison and Tom heard the chaos and screaming so ran up the stairs to check if their girls were alright.

"Guys what's wrong?" Haz exclaimed, out of breath.
"I'm pregnant!" Lucie beamed, looking at Tom.

For a second, he was shell shocked.

"Tommy?" Lucie whispered, looking at his pale face.
"I'm gonna be a dad..." He started.
"I'm gonna be a dad!"

Tom ran over to Lucie, picked her up and span her around.

"We're having a baby" She smiled.