part six//real life

The girls woke up to find Lucie gone. They rushed around the dorm room to find her but she'd left. Considering her state of mind and her mental health they'd grabbed their phones, keys, threw on jackets and rushed out to find her.

New York is a huge city but Lucie had her favourite spots so they went to them first.
The High-line, Central Park, the Friends Building, The Steps of the Met and the Guggenheim.

Rose went to The High-line, the Friends building and Gabbie the rest. After a long morning running around the city that never sleeps, they met in Central Park.

They wondered around the streets ready to give up until they saw the coffee shop. The same coffee shop where Tom and Lucie met. Sitting in her usual window seat, was Lucie.

Slowly, the girls walked into the coffee shop and sat next to her.
They didn't say anything and just put their hands on hers and waited.

"I just wanted to come and sit here, for the last time" Lucie explained.
As well as them meeting there, they also had been on countless dates; sometimes in person and sometimes over FaceTime. It was their favourite spot and Luce's favourite when she was missing Tom.

"We know" Gabbie replied.
"You wanna go home now?" Rosie asked.
Luce nodded and they left.

After visiting the coffee shop, Luce felt she'd had some sort of closure. She had a good day with the girls walking around the city, having lunch and dinner.

They went to the American Museum of Natural History first and then went over the bridge to Brooklyn and shopped around there. After, they also made a quick trip to The Statue Of Liberty.

Once they'd finished their long day, they took a cab back to the dorms.