part thirty three//real life

Tom had texted Robert and asked him to use the plane that he'd flown out on to Atlanta. He told him that he had to fly and see Lucie as soon as possible and he agreed.

The man threw some clothes in a bag and called a car so quickly, he realised he'd put his t-shirt on backwards. The car drove him straight to the plane and he ran on.

He didn't relax the whole flight and kept pacing down the isle. Eventually he got told that it was only 30 minutes until he reached his destination, so he was able to sit down for a little while.

||

Rosie had a very upsetting phone call with Lucie's mom. She was so disappointed in herself for not looking after her daughter enough. Since moving to New York, the girls hardly even saw their parents.

It was more of a painful separation for the parents because the girls were always working at college. Their moms and dads had to see how much fun they were having so far away.

For Lucie's mom, she felt extremely guilty for not being able to help her daughter in times like these. She desperately wanted to come and see her daughter in hospital but couldn't.

Belle and Dave couldn't stay at home alone for a few weeks. They had school and clubs and loads that their mom did for them. This meant that she was unable to visit Lucie in the hospital.

Rosie explained that it was okay and she would look after Lucie as much as she could. She also promised to call her mom and see if she could look after the twins next week.

||

After 2 hours in the hospital, the doctors were able to get Lucie stable.
However, they had to put her into a medically induced coma.

Tears began to stream down the girls faces when they saw her. They sat down in the chairs and waited next to her.