part eleven//real life

After her friends had visited, everything began to slip back into place. Luce was beginning to fill a void that had formed in her heart. It had been 2 months and finally she was able to talk about Tom without wanted to crawl into bed, and cry her eyes out. Everything about them still made her hurt inside but she knew that it was better now.

Everyone rallied around her and made her feel loved and appreciated. This all helped heal her heart. As it was leading up to Christmas she was extra happy. However, this year she'd be spending it alone. Her mom and siblings were flying to Spain to spend time with the other side of the family. And since she'd had so much time off school, she wanted to stay home and study.

Rose was going to Hawaii with Zendaya and Harrison and Gabbie to London. Haz and Gab were travelling from Riverdale to England for Christmas after Thanksgiving.

Somewhere in the back of Lucie's heart she felt a tang of jealousy. Last year she spent Christmas with her family and then with Tom's. They had New Years and Boxing Day and Lucie learned about English Traditions and Toms family traditions.
She met his family and his friends and went to new places. Gabbie, Tom, Lucie and Harrison spent time together and went on dates. Everything was Christmassy and magical.

But now, she couldn't do any of that. She was jealous that Gabbie could do that and got to go to all the places in London that she loved. It was hard not to feel like she was. Last year, she joined a family and honestly thought that she'd be back this year.

Now she wasn't, it really hurt her. She'd not only lost Tom, she'd lost his family and his friends and his city.