Chapter Thirty Three

My leg was bouncing up, and down. I never really thought he was or would cheat on me it was more the fact that he had a bitch really think she was going to check me.

Catherine had stopped me before anything happened between the girl and I, who's named I discovered was Destiny. She didn't go to our school, but she had known Keyshawn before me.

He was attending school later on today, and I didn't wanna give him attitude or go off on him while he was away doing what he needed to do, so I planned on waiting. I honestly didn't know if I wanted to say anything.

I thought the picture, and messages of them seemed like it was before me, but you never know because niggas always proved they weren't shit.

"Hey." I heard a whisper and I turned my head to see Devin and Daniel. I wasn't speaking to Devin the whole situation seemed off to me, but I had no energy to continue and investigate.

"sup."

"I know about everything that happened, I never got a chance to make sure you were good. We both didn't." Daniel said nodding his head to his brother, as I made no sudden movements.

"I went to check on you when I was in the hospital, but you already left without saying or checking on me," I said staring at Devin as he said nothing.

"My fault. Going through a lot."

"I understand that but so did I, and I'm still fighting through it, so I really don't wanna hear that bull shit." Not saying anything Daniel looked disappointed in his brother. I didn't understand how he could say that when I was going through more.

"Fuck you."

"Fuck me? Bitch fuck you. None of this would have happened if this wasn't for you." He screamed getting the attention from everyone.

"Because of me? Me? I did nothing! You stand up like you gon' do something to me, I dare you." I said standing up looking up to him, as he began breathing heavy trying to refrain from hitting me.

Wrapping his hand around my throat hard I widened my eyes kneeing him in his dick.

"Mr. Elbows!" The teacher yelled trying to get to us and tame Devin. Not even trying to fight back I knew he would be off of me in a minute. Looking closely at him his eyes dilated, and I saw a white substance on his nose.

"Devin tell me you're not doing that shit?" I asked letting me overprotective caring mode reveal itself.

Not looking at me hiding his face slightly letting me go, I got my answer."No Devin, no," I repeated as my eyes started to water. He had so much going for him with his football, and now he was letting himself go.

"Please take him to the office!" The teacher yelled as security came in roughly shoving him away from me, as I watched him walk away with his head down in defeat.

"Ms. Lyon I think you should go to the nurse." Wasting no time I grabbed my belongings, strolling out of class. I wasn't going to the nurse I was fine. It wasn't my first time being choked, but it was indeed the most carelessly it had been. Heading into the bathroom I felt a tear slide down my eye, as I couldn't help the others from strolling out as well.

This wasn't my fault, however, I felt like it was. If it wasn't for me he wouldn't be sniffing cocaine. Football was his first love, and he was going to ruin it if they found it in his system. The swooshing sound of the door opening immediately made me start to get myself together, as I splashed water on my face.

"Are you okay?" Looking over I saw Stacey holding a tissue box as I slightly smiled at her.

"Thanks, I'll be alright." Patting the tissue on my face getting rid of the wetness I looked in the mirror and hated what I saw.

"It's not good to hold everything in you know. I know you don't know me, but still."

Closing my eyes I tried to fight the tears that were begging to come out. I needed someone to talk to, I never really felt like I ever had anyone and it was crazy to me.

I was always there for everyone, and even though at times they tried it never seemed like anyone was there for me, besides the one time I physically needed something from being kidnapped.

I started therapy in a few days and I wasn't sure how much it could actually help me. I honestly felt like I was damaged goods now.

"I'm fine, I appreciate you asking though. Can I ask you a question?"

"yea sure wassup?"

"Who is this?" Taking out my phone from my back pocket I put my fingerprint revealing the picture of Keyshawn and Destiny.

Handing her the picture she looked shocked, as she left her mouth open in an "o" form.

"Where did you get this?"

"I went out the other day and she confronted me saying he was her man, and all that other shit. The photos look old I don't want to confront him about it if I have nothing to worry about."

Shaking her head she understood where I am coming from. I wasn't gonna' bring more drama in our relationship than there was already.

"Well, they had a fling back in the day. He loved her a lot I think this is his first love. From how I see it she had to move. She's an army brat she moves from place to place, but I guess she's back now."

Putting my head down she handed me back the photo.

"Look I know he loves you, and I know he loved her. Just think positive but you should talk to him about it."

"Thank you."

"No problem, if you ever need anything here's my number," she said scribbling her number on a ripped piece of paper right before the bell rang signaling it's time for the next class.

Walking out I felt the sudden urge to skip whatever class I had next. Looking around not seeing the security guard I heading out walking fast.

"I missed you too Keyshawn." Stopping in my tracks I looked over seeing Destiny on top of his car with her arms around his neck.

"BEEP!" the horn of a car honked at me signaling me to move out his way.

"Sorry," I said going back on the sidewalk looking back over seeing both of them looking at me.

Sympathy covered his face, as a smile was plastered on her's.