Chapter Nine

Ignoring his call once again, I knew he was going to give up soon. He wasn't the type to keep calling someone if they were just going to decline his call. I wasn't sure what to think anymore. He seemed perfect one minute when we were on the phone, but it was like once I turned around he had another female in his face.

I wasn't sure if she was a friend, or if the others were too. All I knew was I made it clear what I didn't like, and I was pretty sure he was testing how far he could go right now. Going in my mom's room I saw her talking to her boyfriend on FaceTime.

Going up to her as she was laying on her bed they were talking about his son, and what sports he was entering this year.

I wasn't sure if when I met his son, he was going to want a big sister role in his life. I don't know how I would feel if I found out my father had a girlfriend that he talked about marrying the whole time, knowing she had an older child, who would have to meet me one day.

"Hi Geo," I said as he smiled at me waving back. "Ma I'm going to take a nap so don't bother me please."

Sticking the middle finger up at me, I laughed while exiting her room. Closing my door, I saw my phone light up. Picking it up I see Lauren, Shyan, Raymond, Connor, Keyshawn, and Demetrius pop up on my phone in a FaceTime call.

What I thought was going to be a quick call suddenly flew out of mind since I knew how they loved to talk on the phone for hours. Not wanting to put my bonnet on in front of everyone, I leaned back on my headboard waiting for someone to start talking.

"So you called me to sit quietly the fuck. What ya'll want?"

Lauren smiled big, like Raymond, and everyone else shook their head at her goofy actions."I wanted you to know Raymond asked me out! I'm not single anymore bitch!"

Smiling at her I gave her the reaction she wanted. Just like all my other friends if she was happy, I was too.

"That's cute, that's cute."

"Now everyone knows. Can you shut up about it now Lauren?" Natalie said causing me to raise my eyebrow, as everyone else looked at her with their mouths slightly ajar.

"Okay damn," Lauren said as Connor, and Raymond looked uncomfortable. From that moment I knew Natalie liked Raymond. Of course, Lauren could drag certain things for too long, but she just got her first boyfriend, if she ever got one she would be excited too. Knowing Lauren wouldn't say anything I shook my head.

"So who wanna pass English homework? Trinity, I suggest you." Demetrius said referring to the essay we had to write that was due tomorrow.

"You wanna pass that over here too?" Connor asked.

"Nah I don't know you like that. I got you though D. Don't copy word for word." I said going on paused as I went to Demetrius's messages sending him the pictures I took of it already when Zoe had asked.

I have been told by many of my teachers that writing was one of my strong points, so since I was younger English was the only homework I had no problem doing.

For other things such as math, or history I would ask Lauren, or Shyan to send me their homework. They were the smartest females in the whole senior class, and I needed to get into a good college, so whatever worked, worked ya dig?

"I know how to cheat nigga damn, but thank you I appreciate it."

"Shyan come to a private call with me real quick." Not having a problem hanging up, we left, and she called me three seconds later.

"Did you catch that shit or was it just me?"

"Oh my God, I don't know why she didn't say anything. I love her but sometimes Lauren can just be too nice."

Shyan and Lauren had been best friends since the beginning. Shyan was nicer than me but we both encouraged Lauren to speak up for herself, and not hold back when someone says something to her. She wasn't going to listen because even though she didn't want to admit it Lauren wanted everyone to like her.

In my opinion, if someone was nice to everyone, and had no problem with anyone they were simply fake. I just hoped she wasn't fake to me.

"Even though she didn't say anything Raymond could have. He just sat there being quiet, or laughing like he isn't capable of putting her in her place."

"Exactly couldn't be me, but whatever. Anyway, what's up?" She asked as she put her hair in a ponytail.

"That's exactly what I wanna talk to you about. It wouldn't be you because you should be with Demetrius."

"Girl what? He doesn't even like black girls, you know that."

"Nah apparently he does."

"So he told you something and now you tell me? I don't know if I like him like that, I don't want to make it awkward." Sighing I shook my head understanding. If she wasn't feeling him, then she wasn't feeling him.

"Just think about it." After a while, we joined back into the call and talked for a little longer. Natalie had seemed to have an attitude but was playing it off, as Lauren, and Raymond would giggle the whole time about stupid shit.

"Keyshawn you got a girl? I got someone feeling you." Acting like I wasn't listening I started studying for the health test I had tomorrow which was on STI's.

"Yes, he's talking to someone," Shyan stated answering for him.

"Damn I'm sure he can answer for himself," Raymond said as I rolled my eyes.

"I ain't got a girl, but I'm not single I guess."

I guess? I didn't want to seem ungrateful, but if it was I guess then I didn't understand why we were doing what we do. If it was just fun he was looking for he would have to find that somewhere else.

"You guess? When that's done just let me know so I can pass her to you." Mugging Raymond through the phone Lauren noticed how I was looking at him and made a yikes face. Looking at Keyshawn I saw him smirk, and I shook my head.

"Then you wonder why I'm not answering your calls right now. You always on some bull shit." I said causing everyone's face to go straight. "And he said he was good. Lauren check ya nigga yo." Hanging up, I put my phone on do not disturb.

I wasn't in the mood. It wasn't a secret that I got mad easily, and all of them knew that. Raymond, Connor, and Keyshawn better learn quick.