Chapter 22-It Can

“Just when you think it can't get any worse, it can. And just when you think it can't get any better, it can.” 

— Nicholas Sparks At First Sight

-------------------------------------------

Vote. Comment. Fan. Add to Library! PLEASE.

Voting only takes one click of a button! CLICK THE BUTTTONN.

-------------------------------------------

Chapter 22-It Can

Chelsea’s POV

The few months following our date at the boat were memorable. We spent every waking second together. That is, when I wasn’t at school or doing work for the committee’s I was in. The president of the Interact Committee was back and it was a great relief to me. Granted, I had an amazing time working and getting to know Gregory, I was more than glad to spend the extra time with my loving boyfriend.

Vic had been perfect. He’d avoid his usual crap and not bring up any fights between us. Dates were regular and him sleeping over was even more so. As we found ourself closing in on the day he would be leaving, we became more and more clingy to each other, desperate to hold onto the last shred of time we could spend together. Vic attended to my every need, being there for me whenever I needed him. We went shopping together, multiple times, but only for him. He had to buy new clothes to accommodate the weather in Australia. I would sit in the changing room of a men’s shop as Vic came out in a variety of clothing. Every now and then a guy would come and make a pass at me while I sat there, unattended, but that lasted all of maybe 2 minutes before Vic  came barreling through, lashing them a death glare. 

It really was amusing.

I would constantly tease him and he returned the favor. Our friends and siblings soon began calling us the ‘married couple’, claiming that we acted like we’ve been married for years. They said, quote, that if we were this bad now, they couldn’t imagine what we would be like when we’re actually married, unquote. Most of them knew about me and Vic breaking up in January, just before he left, and this caused a major uproar. They argues and fought with us like never before, professing that we were too perfect for each other to break up. I simple replied that if we were that perfect, somehow we would end up together. Through all hells.

Vic had tried convincing me every now and then that we shouldn’t break up, but when that resulted in him getting the silent treatment for days, he eventually made it less often. Novio still asserted that he would marry me someday, and I would always smile at the thought. I could truly imagine us together, 10, 15 years from now, older, more matured, living in a little white house with blue windows and a white picket fence. A little boy with red hair and hazel eyes running around the lawn with a beautiful Golden Retriever chasing him. Me all round and pregnant with our little girl and Vic being all attentive to me and making sure I dont hurt myself or our unborn baby. Him making me watch my every step and banning alcohol. 

I sighed at the thought, it was so perfect. We had it all planned out.

Vic was leaving the second week of January. Which meant we still had 3 weeks left. New Year’s Eve was in one week and it was currently one day before Christmas Eve, December 23rd 2011. The weather was beautiful, chilly, yet undeniably enthralling. I was going shopping today, with Nats, Mels, Arts and of course, Al. Everyone was currently at my house and we were planning to take the jeep. The boys, Vic, Harry, Jake and Nate were scheduled to have a boys day. Which basically consisted of them sitting in front of the TV, eating popcorn and playing XBox. They are such idiots, I sighed yet again. Vic had rather proudly declared that he already had a gift for me and that he and the boys weren’t doing ‘last minute shopping’. I basically rolled my eyes and cooed at him like he was a 5 year old boy, saying that it would all be fine.