Chapter 6-A Blast From The Past

“My daddy said, that the first time you fall in love, it changes you forever and no matter how hard you try, that feeling just never goes away.” 

-Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook. 

Chapter 6-A Blast From The Past

   ‘Uh, hey guys. Whats up?’

My completely lame attempt to loosen them up, did exactly the opposite. At the exact same second, they exploded. While they were roaring profanities and threats, i ventured to slip outside.  But no, fate had other plans for me.

‘YOU GOT ON A BIKE! ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR FUCKING MIND! HE’S NOT EVEN LEGAL!’ 

‘Jeez relax big brother, it’s not such a big deal. Oh and you should know, he’s picking me up for school tomorrow. Love ya.’

   With that i sprinted up to my room and locked the door. Once safely in my room i heard Harry shouting something that sounded vaguely like ‘the hell he is’. Hmph. Ass of a brother. He can’t tell me what to do!

   Standing at the door, the following morning, i chomped on a packet of ‘Chips Ahoy Chewy’. Moaning out loud at how good they tasted, i didn’t realize the sexy stud sitting on gorgeous black bike. Narrowing my eyes at his amused expression i huffed and got on behind him with a thud. 

‘Well good morning to you too, piglet.’

    My jaw fell on the floor and i smacked his back with my bag! How dare he! I am not fat! Wrapping my arms around his rock hard abs, i made sure to dig my nails into him. At his cringe of dicomfort, i smirked, feeling oddly satisfied.

***

    Covering my face with a book, i walked into the cafeteria. All morning people had been going on and on about how me and Alex are a ‘thing’ cause he picked me up. Groaning at the pointing and whispering, i plopped down on the cafeteria bench, banging my head against the  table. 

‘How come i didn’t know about Alex?!’ 

‘Han, there is nothing TO know. He asked me out yesterday! We haven’t even gone out yet! He just picked me up! For god sakes, rumours spread faster than fire here!’

‘Oh really?! Kelly was telling everyone that she saw your’ll making out in the parking lot yesterday!’

   At this new piece of news, anger boiled my blood and i got up to go smack that bitch into place! Sean, being the sweetheart he is, picked me up by my waist, firmly holding me in place. I pouted at him, and he just rolled his eyes. Grumbling under my breath i calmed myself down, praying nobody would ask me to punch them today.

***

   Friday came sooner than anticipated and at 6, i was ripping apart the contents of my cupboard to find my favourite black summer dress. The contrast against my red hair looked amazing and it brought out my black eyes against my light coloured skin.

   Sharp at 7 the bell rang, and i hopped down the stairs to get it. Excitement bubbled in me, and i wondered why i was this happy? Was it because this was the first time i was going on a date with someone i actually liked to hang out with. Hm. Maybe.

   Standing outside, looking handsome as hell in a pair of dark blue jeans and a black shirt(we matched!) was Alex. His bonder hair, long and silky, gave him a sort of fringe which made him look beyond cute. His blue eyes shone in the light and in his arms were 10, carefully picked roses. They were luscious and red and i thought i was gonna kiss him. Everyone knows i love roses. My pencil case is roses, my bag is roses, my wallet is roses, hell my bottle’s roses! Kissing him on the cheek, i put the roses in a vase and we set out.