Chapter 7-A Dream Or Not?

Sorry guys! I posted the 8th chapter by mistake:P This is the 7th.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“And for the briefest instant, it almost feels like we're together again.” 

-Nicholas Sparks, Dear John.

Chapter 7-A Dream Or Not?

Victor’s POV   

Just breathe. Sweat poured down the nape of my neck as i stood outside Chels’s room wondering how to ask her out. For what would’ve been the hundredth time i raised my hand, to knock on the soft wooden door. This time though, it swung open just as i was bring my hand back down. She looked confused and sleep deprived. A sexy combination of bed hair and boxers were on her and instantly, i was getting hard. 

Swallowing uncomfortably, i move to the side to let her through. Giving me a curious expression she passed by me her rosy odor filling my senses. At that very instant, i would’ve given anything to kiss her. Kiss her till she couldn’t breathe and tell her that she’s beautiful.

After breakfast, Chels had gone to take a bath, after which she would probably go out for a walk. She’s been doing that forever. I don’t know why she does it, it’s not like she needs to lose weight, i presume it’s because it gives her time to think. That’s why my mum used to do it. I think.

Shaking those thoughts out of my head, i prayed that everything went perfect. With that, i left. Taking my car-which i had got this year after i passed the driving test-i went down to Victoria Park. 

An hour later, i saw Chels come round the bend.

Currently, i was standing in the middle of a thousand roses in Victoria Park. This is the park Chels passes everyday during her walk. Luckily for me, it was always deserted. Since it was out of the way people chose to go other places. 

Oblivious to everything but her thoughts, Chels didn’t spot me right away. I breathed a sigh of relief. She didn’t need to see me just yet. I then walked down and let lose Sammy, a golden retriever that belonged to one of my neighbors. Being that Sammy already knew Chels, she ran to the living angel once pointed in the right direction. At Sammy’s nose prodding her leg, Chels bent down, letting out a little squeal of delight. Chuckling to myself i watched as Chels scratched Sammy under her ear, crying out ‘Who’s a good boy?’ in a voice, i personally thought was hilarious. After 5 more minutes or so, Chels started realizing her surroundings. At the slight turn of her head, i finally came into view for her, as did the roses. Sammy barked at my direction, at the exact moment Chels’s jaw dropped down. Following Sammy she walked towards me. 

Watching her steady movement, and taking in the way strands of her hair surrounded her face, and the way her eyebrows were scruched up together, and the way her rosy red lips were tilted into a little pout...oh i could go on forever.

Once she reached me, she came to a halt. 

Okay, here goes nothing.

Chelsea’s POV

    I was surprised to find a dog pushing her nose against my butt, but i was ecstatic to find out it was Sammy. I loved that dog! She is adorable! Seeing her reminded me of Vic, and once again i felt a pang that he would never be mine. After scratching Sammy so much im sure it would give her a mark, i looked around, observing and taking in the same old surrounding of Victoria Park. My head spun a fraction more and a handsome boy with a dozen of rose petals surrounding him came to view. He gave me a small smile, and then it hit me. Omg, that’s Vic.

Jeez, i should’ve realized that Sammy was here with him! Stupid stupid Chels. At first i felt joy for seeing him again, though it would be the second time today, after him standing outside my door, i think just about to knock? After my initial shock though i had felt self-conscious. I was in my walking clothes, which were sad to say, not very attractive.  Standing up, i began walking over to him, dragging out my steps wondering what he was doing her. 

Then it hit me. OMG he was waiting for a girl! I mean there are a dozen of rose petals, and he’s dressed nicely. My heart dropped down in my chest and i tried my best not to grimace, which i don’t think worked very well for that matter. 

Once i reached him, he got down on on knee, and held out a little velvet jewelry box, inside which was a silver necklace-with a pendant that had the words, ‘Forever & Always’ engraved in it. To say the least, it was breathtaking. Looking down onto him, sorting out my muddled thoughts, i came to the conclusion that he was practicing his little presentaion on me..maybe to see how it would affect a girl? Taking in my surroundings and my love, i just wished, that for a second it was all really for me. I wished that just for a second, this boy i loved was telling ME, ‘Forever & Always.’

Victor’s POV

I could see a sort of longing in Chels’s eyes. My knee was starting to ache-but i’d sit here forever for this girl. Im guessing she came to the conclusion that this was all NOT for her. I just couldn’t find any other reason for that sad smile. Deciding that i should put my precious out of her misery, i began speaking.

‘Chelsea Alexandria Parker. I’ve known you since you were born. I’ve seen you when you were in diapers, when you started to walk, when you began to sing and dance, when you played with barbie dolls, when you started to wear dresses and when you first put on make up. I was there through it all and i wanna be there for the next big things in your life. I wanna hold you tight and warm you up when it’s cold. I wanna kiss you when your mad and hug you when your sad. I wanna be a part of your life and i wanna make a difference. I wanna be the person you call when you need someone to talk to, and i know i’m gonna fall in love with you, provided you give me the chance. I’m not saying i’m perfect and that i won’t be a pain in your cute little butt, but i want you to try and tolerate my annoying qualities and i want you to love my other qualities. From the time you returned from your holidays i could not stop thinking about you. From an adorable little girl you’ve turned into a beautiful young lady. I’ll always try to be there to ease your insecurities and i’ll always be there when you need me. I can’t promise you i won’t be jealous or possessive, because i probably will be. Just please tolerate it, love. I know we didn’t go on dates and i didn’t woo you into this, but if you say yes tonight, i’ll pamper you with gifts, and make you laugh, and cook for you, and i’ll be honest with you and i’ll do everything i cant to make you happy. So, Chelsea Alexandria Parker, will you please do me the distinct honors of becoming my girlfriend for what i pray will be a long long time?’

Chelsea’s POV

Stunned into silence, i struggled to keep my jaw from dropping and my tears form falling. After a few minutes i saw worry creeping into his eyes and i thought, Stupid Stupid Boy. Does he think i’d ever let him go now that he could be mine? Unable to form words-i just started nodding my head vigorously. Slowly a massive smile took over his face and he got up shoving the now closed box into his pants and spinning me around. By the time he put me back down i was far worse than dizzy, and if it weren't for his protective hand on my waist, i’m pretty sure i would’ve fallen. Reaching into his pocket, he brought back out the beautiful piece of jewelry and he put it on me. Once i was on, my hand automatically went up to it and i smiled. Peering up through my eyelashes, my night dark eyes met soft hazel ones and i was in a trance. Leaning closer and closer until our foreheads were touching, we stared straight at each other. After the contact of our foreheads, my eyes fluttered close. After a second i felt his lips press mine, and i could honestly say no feeling was better. 

Finally, i understood what people meant when they said they felt ‘fireworks’. The moment his honey scented lips touched mine, i lost all train of thought. I forgot the fact that we were in a park and that i was a sweaty mess. I forgot that Vic was way too good for me and i lost all doubts of whether he actually cared for me or whether it was all a joke to him. At that moment, i forgot my very own name and honestly? It didn’t matter. All that mattered was that for once. Just for once..i had the boy of my dreams with me. At that moment, that was all that i cared about.