Chapter 10-The Next Part

“I am lost without you. I am soulless, a drifter without a home, a solitary bird in a flight to nowhere. I am all these things, and I am nothing at all. This, my darling, is my life without you. I long for you to show me how to live again.” 

-Nicholas Spraks, A Message In A Bottle

Chapter 10-The Next Part

(1 year later)

One year. 365 days. 52 weeks. 

It’s been that long and Vic still hasn’t manned up.

I miss him. I miss him with every breath i take. I miss his texts and i miss his laugh and his protectiveness and i miss his eyes. I just miss him. Plain and simple. 

He still loves me. I know he does. I’m sure of it. Or atleast, that’s what i keep telling myself. I still see his gaze lingering on me for a bit too long. The way his eyes flash if another guy touches me. The way he gently smiles at me, as if reminiscing our time together. Our short time together.

I still love him. I’m beginning to think that i always will. I’d gone out with one or two guys in the past year, never having the heart to be with them for more than 2 months. I couldn’t let a boy hold me, or touch me, or even kiss me the way Vic did. 

He gave them competition. He made me compare everyone to him. His intellectuality, his personality..hell all the way down to his appearance.

His love for me.

I watched him around school, watched the way he laughed when he was sharing a joke with his friends, or when he was frustrated-the way he’d run his hand through his hair. The way he got jealous, anger flashing through his eyes. Or his blind rage-where he loses all sense of right and wrong. 

I wanted him back. I want him to hold me again, telling me everything would be alright. To call me late at night when he, or i couldn’t sleep. To tell me i’m beautiful no matter what. To sprout his problems to me, and listen to mine in turn. I wanted him back.

I think i always will.

I’ll always love him. Forever and Always.

************************

Waking up that morning, was more than a difficult task. It had been raining all night and had just stopped recently. Therefore, the atmosphere was cool and breezy, making me want to sleep forever. Seeing as the coldness woke me up a bit early, i decided to get dressed and walk to school today. 

************************

The pitter patter of the rain had left puddles lying in various parts of the streets. Areas that contained soil or sand became sticky and muddy. The ground had a layer of water as a lubricant and the pavement became all the more slippery.

I still wished to walk, though. The sun was out, yet not shining enough to make it hot or humid. There was a light breeze flowing around, making me pull my jumper closer to my body for warmth. The trees swayed with the wind, and occasionally, a few leaves will make their way to the ground. 

Halfway to school, the unthinkable happened. It began to rain again. Pulling my hood over my head i ran to the biggest tree to seek some shelter. Groaning, at the thought of walking to school in rain, or calling someone, i thought hard for alternatives. 

Over the noise of the rain, and the thoughts running through my mind, i didn’t take notice of the black car standing a few feet in front of me. Through the haziness of mine brain, i registered that this was Vic’s car. Just my luck. 

From where i was standing i briefly noticed him waving me over, telling me to get in. Determining that i had no other option, i sprinted to the passenger side and flung open the door, shutting it quickly behind me. Once inside, i dropped my bags next to my feet, i pulled my hood down and untied my hair, as to not to get sick. After a few seconds passed i finally mustered enough courage to turn and look at Vic in the eye.