Chapter 8-This Is As Far As It Goes

'Men get laid, but women get screwed.'

Chapter 8-This Is As Far As It Goes

(9 months later)

And another day begins. Same old, same old. I woke up and read Vic’s text message. ‘Good morning beautiful’ it said. Sighing at the thoughtful, yet meaningless gesture i threw my phone back onto the bed.

9 months. It had been 9 months since me and Vic got together. My longest relationship. And the one boy i loved the most, who said he loves me back. 

After me and Vic got together, it was all roses and chocolates. We were happy. Our friends were happy for us. Our siblings were happy. Hell even our parents were happy for us! And i was happy to. No, i was more than happy. I was on cloud nine for the next 5 months. 

That’s when things started going downhill. We started talking less, comparing it to our previous conversations which just flowed. We became more of a couple and lost the friend element. Whenever we met we would be with friends, and therefore had no time to ourselves. Whenever we met, just me and him, he would want to have a make out session with me. 

Right now, 4 months of that unbelievable behavior, i started doubting if i still loved him. Actually that’s wrong. I know i loved him, i just wondered if that was enough to keep us together? I tried talking to him and he just cuts me off with a kiss, which still makes my knees go week. After 9 months of doing it. Hmph. Atleast my body still reacts to him. What about my heart though? 

Looking to my calendar, i realized that today was the 26th. Exams just finished yesterday, and today i have a party to go to! I was so excited! I was a bit disappointed that Vic wasn’t coming, but i’m not anymore. Atleast i won’t have to stand in a corner and make out with him. I could actually get drunk today, something Vic never lets me do. Thankfully, along with Vic, my brother was not attending tonight. They have some soiree with some old friends and i was grateful. With the new mindset that i’d drink, dance and have fun tonight i got out of bed. Seeing the clock i became aware that it was 3pm. How did i sleep so much?! Hmph. 

Walking downstairs i got a glass of milk and a bowl of cereal. Munching i called my mum, only to figure out that everyone was out of the house. So they left me asleep in an empty house? Lovely. 

Finishing off my breakfast+lunch+tea, i clambered up the stairs and plopped down onto the couch in the TV room. Since i hadn’t watched TV in ages, i decided to try that. Turning on old re runs of spongebob, i soon got lost in the big white screen. 

**********

Cracks were audible as i bent my neck in all angles. Turning to face the clock, i saw that it was now 6.40! SHIT. Racing up to my room, stumbling quite a bit due to my legs lack of response, i finally reached my cupboard. Flinging it open, i franticly searched for something decent, yet sexy to wear tonight. Hey! Just because i had a boyfriend, doesn’t mean i can’t attract some attention.

Opting to wear a lose dark blue dtop over jeans, i pulled the silky material over my head. Running my brush through my hair, i pinned my red mane in a few places, leaving the rest as it was. Fixing on a pair of silver hoops, i did a once over of myself in the mirror. I looked hot alright. Putting on a pair of silver wedges, i walk to the front door. In a few minutes, Al’s car pulled up into my driveway, being driven by her sexy older brother.  

Darren was your typical bad boy. Sexy, smart, cunning, naughty, teasing, conceited and arrogant. Being who he was, it was expected that everybody hated him. But that really wasn’t possible. He was just..easy to love. He made you want to laugh and hit him at the same time. And sometimes, that was a good thing.