I'm sorry

Kayla's pov

There was no way. None of this could be possible. Stuff like this only happens in horror films. Rick and I walked out of the house and around the camp site. There were women and children doing household chores. THis was all crazy. It had to be a dream, but apparently I fell and hit my head hard so I don't remember anything. My family was dead. That I was for sure of and it hurt. Hurt very bad. These things called "walkers" had inhabited the earth and we all become one when we die.

"When did all this happen Rick?" I asked.

Rick flinched. He seemed to do this every time I mentioned his name which I thought was weird.

"About 6 and a half years ago." He sighed.

My eyes widened. It had been that long! I was brought out of my thoughts when I heard a young voice yell out,

"Mommy!"

I turned and saw a little girl with blue eyes and brown hair running towards me with a young boy looking the same age behind her. Must be twins. THe girl had her arms stretched out for me. Why me? Shouldn't she be looking for her mother? Seconds later the girl latched onto my leg and squeezed tightly.

"I missed you mom" she smiled.

I starred wide eyed at the child. Mom? I started to panic and looked at Rick. His eyes equally panicked. This couldn't be my child! Id remember if I had a kid! I looked down at the girl and saw she was wearing my locket. Who gave her that! The boy was just starring at me.

"Elaina! Connor!" A voice yelled.

I looked up and saw that ragged guy from earlier. Once he noticed where the kids were he stormed up and yanked her off my leg.

"Don't you ever do that again to me you hear?" He scolded her.

"I'm sorry, I just saw mommy" she whispered.

The man looked up at me and I just starred back at him panicky.

"I thought we agreed to keep the twins away from her for now" Rick said.

"Ya but they want to see der mom and dats not my fault!" The man snapped back.

"It is when she doesn't remember" Rick scolded.

"They're her damn kids! She should remember them!" The man yelled causing me and the kids to flinch.

"Connor, elaina go see what Judith's doing" Rick said.

They both nodded and ran. Rick turned back to the man,

"It isn't her fault she doesn't remember"

"Yea it it!" He turned to me,"if you wouldn't have ran off and listened to me none of this would've happened!"

"Daryl" Rick scorned.

Daryl? This was daryl? No way, the name on my side had to be a different daryl.

"No Rick! She needs to know! This effects everyone! The man standin next to ya, he's been yer father figure since ya got here to the point ya even call him dad!" Daryl began to yell

I looked hesitantly over at Rick who had his eyes glued to the floor as daryl continued,

"His son Carl, he's yer brother! Those two kids that just ran off cryin are yers!

I felt tears in my eyes as I began to ache,"no...those aren't my kids"

"What?" Daryl snapped.

Tears started falling down my cheeks as I glared at him,"those can't be my kids! I would remember having them!"

"Well they are! They are yers and ya love em more than anything!" He snapped.

"How do ya know! You don't know anything about me!" I yelled.

"I don't know anything about you?! Your favorite color is blue cause it reminds you of the ocean! Yer middle name is may, yer named after yer grandma, you went to school to be a medical assistant, yer a stubborn ass woman who is afraid to show any tears cause yer scared it shows weakness! Ya lived in Ohio till ya were 20 and then moved down south cause ya hated it there and said there was nothin to do!" He yelled.

My eyes widened,"how do you know all that?"

"Look at yer left hand and find out" he said stomping away.

I starred shocked at the man. I brought my left hand up to my eyes and saw the ring on my ring finger. I was married? No way. I looked questioningly to Rick and he just nodded. That's how he knew all that about me. He was my husband. All this news was too much, I ran inside quickly and locked myself in the room I woke up in. Why can't I remember anything! A few hours of trying to remember anything, I gave up. I would just have to start all over. I sighed and made my way out of the room. Everyone was either asleep or getting ready for bed. i made my way down to the room where I saw daryl go in earlier. I knocked on the door and heard a grunt in response. I took that as his way of saying to come in so I opened the door. It was dark, but I saw a shirtless daryl standing in the corner of the room looking out the window. It took my breath away at how toned and muscular his upper body was. I sighed and walked up to him.

"What ya want?" He asked.

"I'm sorry" I whispered.

He arched an eyebrow at me and I sighed,"I've tried. I really have to remember anything. I just can't"

He grunted and said nothing.

"I don't know how I was before and I can't promise that I will ever be like that again. I see what it's doing to the camp. I see what it's doing to you" I whispered.

His eyes met mine deeply. The brightness in his blue eyes have faded. He was worn out, stressed, and hurt. My eyes advert to his chest where I saw a name. Kayla dixon. Tears swelled up in my eyes. I wanted to remember, but no matter what I couldn't. I took my ring off my left hand and grabbed his hand placing it in his. I couldn't bring myself too meet his eyes as I whispered,

"I'm sorry"and quickly ran out of the room as the tears began to fall