Clown

Taylor's pov

o my gosh Carl kissed me! He does care! I am so happy! What does this mean for us? Are we together? I don't know the answer to that question but I can't get this smile off my face! I woke up early the next morning because I wanted to see him before we started on the road again. The only people that were up were kayla and daryl. I smiled and waved at them as I searched for Carl. I found him starring down the road. I smiled and walked up behind him. I tapped his shoulder,

"hey"

he didn't turn around or even reply to me. This worried me. I moved so I was infront of him. He didn't make eye contact, just starred at the ground,

"hey you ok?"

"would you just leave me alone?" He growled.

this shocked me. I was hoping he had changed. He was pushing me away,

"no I won't leave you alone. You can't just kiss me and expect to act like nothing happened."

"That was a mistake." He said sternly.

I slowly felt my heart shatter into millions of peices. A mistake? How could something that meant so much to me mean so little to him?

"I thought..." I started to say but he cut me off,

"you thought what? That I cared about you? Well I don't. I only care about my family so just leave me alone and stay away from me." He growled.

tears formed in my eyes as I got angry,"you know what Carl grimes you're a real ass hole! I don't understand what I ever saw in you!"

I stormed away away before he could say anything.

Kayla's pov

daryl and I had gotten up early and went hunting. We didn't find much just a few squirrels. I sighed as we began to skin them.

"what?" Daryl asked.

"getting tired of squirrel" I murmured.

"well damn what ya expect to eat?" He asked.

"I could really go for a cheeseburger" I smiled.

"a cheeseburger?" He asked.

i chuckled,"yeah you know I use to work at a McDonald's and vowed that I never wanted to eat a cheeseburger ever again, but now I'd kill for one"

"well next time I go huntin I'll be on the lookout for a clown wearin red shoes ta fix ya up a cheeseburger" he smirked.

"asshole" I murmured.

he was about to say somethin else when we heard footsteps and grumbling. We looked over our shoulders and saw taylor storming away from Carl with tears down her face. I sighed and looked back down at the squirrel,

"dammit Carl"

"ya named the squirrel Carl?" Daryl chuckled.

"no!" I laughed.

"good be concerned if ya named somethin yer skinnin after ya brother" he smirked.

i shook my head and sighed,"taylor likes Carl and he keeps doing things to push her away cause he likes her too."

daryl looked back back over his shoulder at Carl as I smirked,"sounds familiar don't it?"

he turned back to me and said,"shut up. It's probably better if he does"

"why? I mean you did but you finally stopped" I said.

"ya cause u damn well wouldn't leave me alone" he smirked.

"hey you wouldn't leave me alone either!" I said.

"I know, but it's better if he don't got to be worryin bout protectin someone else. It'll be better in the log run if somethin happens to er" he grunted.

"is that what you think now? About me? And the kids?" I whispered.

daryl dropped his squirrel and lifted my chin so I was looking at him," no. Sure it's my job to protect you and the kids and I'll die doin that. I made that choice to take on more responsibility. I couldn't live if I hadn't"

i smiled and kissed him,"but what if she's his soulmate?"

"then he'll find out for imself soon enough." He said standing up.

"where you goin?" I asked.

"goin to hunt a damn clown to make ya a cheeseburger" he smirked.

i rolled my eyes and chuckled. I was about to say something smart ass back to him when I heard,"mom?"

it was the twins. I sighed and set the squirrel I was working on down as I stood up. Daryl smirked,

"well duty calls"

i smiled and shook my head as he began to walk away.

"hey! Don't get into trouble!" I yelled after him.

he just continued walking and gave me a thumbs up. I sighed and then yelled,"stay safe!"

"Always!" He yelled back as I made my way to the truck to get the twins.

carls pov

i just ruined everything. I didn't want to but I knew it was for the best. I had to keep focused! I didn't have time for her! She would just get in the way of keeping my family safe. My insides literally felt like they were being torn in two. It hurt like hell. I was fighting myself trying not to run back and apologize like I so desperately wanted to. No. It's safer for her and me this way. I jolted from my thoughts when I heard a whistle from behind me. I turned and saw daryl standing there with his crossbow on his back. He motioned me to follow him with his head as he began to walk in the woods.i sighed and followed after him feeling like a complete asshole.