*Chapter 44

*Chapter 44

*The truth. It is a beautiful and terrible thing, and should therefore be treated with great caution. Dumbledore. Harry Potter and the philosopher's stone* 

Monique’s POV

"Monique!- ya lil friend here, Kate or someting-mek yu come in darlin" Mum called when she opened the door for Kate.

I then made my way to my room, I mean just saw her like barely an hour ago but you know, maybe it's important.

"Bitches" she said

"Yup, at your command" I smiled

"You wouldn't believe what's happened"

"Tell me tell me" I smiled, thinking I’d had perhaps fixed things with Ben.

"Well, my nana Caryl came and basically we have access to my Dads will"

"That's good news Kate"

"Well not as such..." she trailed off

"Kate?” I asked

“Well my Mum kinda wants to move to a bigger house" she continued

Then there was silence as we just stared at each other.

**Thirty minutes earlier**

Kate, you won't believe the good news I've just had" Mum said as she practically bounced through our door

"Go on" I said.

"Well... You know I went to visit Nana Caryl and granddad? You know since I had to pick up Bunny, James and Sasha" 

"Yeah?" 

"Well, it just so happens that they were talking with the lawyers about your Dads will and it seems that legally everything your Dad owned is ours. He wanted it to go to his family. That and the fact he mentioned us specifically"

"That’s great Mum"

"The best part is we'll be able to move into a bigger house"

*************************

She relayed that part of the conversation back to me and she was silent afterwards.

"Monique, you know I'll never leave you" she said, breaking the silence

"Kate I love you and I want you to be happy but this is too much to handle right now"

"Babes I know it's a lot to handle and don't worry if we do leave I'm taking you with me, you can't get rid of me that easily" 

"Oh Kate you best do, otherwise I’ll be knocking on your door day and night jarring you until you remember your best friend" I laughed

"Aww I’ll miss you to chica" she sobbed

"Hang on, why're we talking like you leaving today? Girl we need to think of how to convince your Mum to stay here"

"You’re right" 

"But first operation boy return, have you got the dress and are you ready to sing?" 

"Yeah I do but do you think he'll really be ready to sing grease with me?"

"Babe, with that dress on he'll do anything you say"

"If you're sure Monique"

"When am I ever wrong? Actually don't answer that..."

"Haha don't worry, wait is Jordan going to get him to the club?"

"Yup, don't worry about that it's all under control..." 

"Katie, ya mother at the door, she say yu grandparents 'ere and she wan yu leave now" Monique’s Mum called. 

"Yes Auntie" I shouted back. Monique’s Mum always made me smile. She never let up her Jamaican accent even when it wasn't Monique or Kamal she was talking to.

"Monique I'm so sorry I have to go now, I promise this will all work out" I smiled. 

"Yeah sure see you b" 

We shared a quick hug and I ran out of Monique’s house before my Mum came to drag me out.

**

I can't believe my best ever friend might be moving away I thought as Kate left. Man I love that bitches. If she moves I actually don't know what I'd do. She is my sister from another mister and I love her to bits. Even when she annoys me she's the only one who understands how awesome chilli orange biscuits are.

I went to Kamal’s room because I was in need of comforting, the thought of my best friend possibly leaving was not a thought I wanted to entertain.

"Kamal!?" 

"What!?"

"Can I come in?"

"You won't take no for an answer will you?" 

"No"

"Fine" 

Kamal then cautiously opened his door and let me in. At first I was surprised by the fact he was being cautious with opening his door but when I saw the state of his room it all made sense. He had trashed his room and it looked like world war three was going on in there. Hang on- the damn boy had even taken my g force watch. I had been looking for that ish for ages and the fool had taken it.

"Kamal you best not have broken my g force watch otherwise you goin’ pay"

"Jam, its cool don't worry your watch is fine"

"It best be bitch"

"Watch who you're calling bitch and what did you want anyways?" 

"Well, Kate might be moving and I dunno what to do" I sighed.

"What'du mean she's moving"

"You know packing bags and living somewhere else"

"Oooh, right...so what do you want me to do?" 

"I just wanted someone to talk to ok"

"Oh ok, talk to Uncle Kamal"

"Well, she's been like a sister to me and I'm gonna miss her if she leaves" I sobbed.

"Well, I get that you're gonna miss her but it's not the end of the world, you have Skype and Facebook and stuff so you should be fine for talking to each other"

"Mmm I guess, I'm gonna now go because I think I might die if I stay here for a moment longer. Thanks anyways"

"Hahahahaha bye lil sis"

I then went to my room to get ready for tonight and to finalise all of the details. This better work.