*Prologue

**********************************************************************************

Authors Note:

 I’m in the process of having this edited, by @AbzyBabzy123. Oh, I’m changing some of the characters names, don’t worry when I get to it they’ll all be changed throughout. Chapters with a (*) have been edited :). Please don’t forget to vote and comment :).

Love you all

MalikaDreams xxxx

**********************************************************************************

*Prologue

Monique Coleman. Sixteen years old. Jamaican and Mexican heritage. Kate Strauss. Best Friends. They have both lived on the Eastbourne estate since they were young.  They became best friends the day Kate’s mum Britta helped Monique’s mum to stand up to Monique’s dad who was a chronic alcoholic. Domingo seemed nice at first but when he got involved in the wrong crowd to pay for his gambling addiction things took a turn for the worst and one day Amari couldn’t take it anymore. After they had kicked him out Monique hoped that her life would improve. Would it?

Monique seems like your average teenager with an average life; loud, stroppy and always arguing with her parents. Ok that’s a lie, if she dared argue with her mum she was quickly sorted out. So for obvious reasons she didn't argue with her mum that much, especially since she is convinced that her right butt cheek has not been the same since the old guy from Premier brought her home after he caught her stealing chocolate when she was nine. To be fair to Monique she was hungry and she didn’t think that she’d be caught.

Other than this Monique’s life was completely average, nothing particularly interesting happened to her.  She lived with her mum and brother Kamal. Nothing really happened in their lives apart from the occasional stabbing on the estate. However, her life changed when she went to Ben's party. Ok you're thinking a party...whatever happens is normal right? Well it's not if Monique almost lost her best friend and well... you'll find out if you read on.