*Chapter 26: NO, just no!

*Chapter 26

Ben’s POV

After spending a bit of time at Kate’s house I decided to leave. I grabbed my trousers from the floor and pulled them on.

“Aww, babe are you leaving?” Kate said whilst propping herself up onto her bed.

Nah, I thought I just want to wear my clothes and sit here forever.

“Yeah...” I said

“Oh OK, wait lemme walk you to the bus stop” she said

Once she was ready she walked me to the bus stop and waited for the bus to come. As I saw the bus pulling up, I hugged her and then got on.

**

Finally, I'm home after leaving that hell hole that Kate calls home. I think those conditions are absolutely barbaric and I can't believe that most people from the comp actually live there. 

Let me go and say hi to my Mum I thought-

"Hi Mum" I said

"Oh Ben its good you just came in, I have news for you" Mum smiled

"Go on?" I replied

"Well Terry and I are getting married. Isn't that wonderful?” Mum smiled. No I thought to myself “He even went to see Kamal to ask if he'd be best man with you" Mum continued. What? I thought.

Mum said this with a big smile but she didn't realise what this meant. I'd be technically related to Monique, which is just wrong.

"Wait? Kamal as in Kamal Coleman?" I asked

Mum just had to confirm my worst fears.

"Yes, you'll be step brothers." She smiled

"Yippee" I injected as much sarcasm to my tone as possible so my Mum could see how angry I was. This means I can't go after Monique, how annoying.

Actually I'm not going to talk to Mum until she calls the wedding off.