chapter twenty five; the ultimate truth.

ok guys, heres the start of the sequel. i really hope you guys do like it and i pray that its not being dragged out. i hate when people do that! thanks for reading, i love you. x

__________________________________________________________________________

Harrys point of view; 

I held Daphni in my arms and breathed in the smell of her coconut-scented hair. We shivered as the rain fell onto our bodies but we didn’t mind.

‘DAPHNI!’ we heard someone scream but I could barely make out who it was through the pouring rain. Daphni turned to face the church and we both realized everyone was standing out the front, watching us.

‘Oh crap’ she moaned, running towards the church, running away from me.

I wasn’t going to let her go this time, because I might not get her back.

‘Daphni!’ I called after her but she just kept on running.

We ran up the rocky footpath, the rain began to simmer and I finally saw who was calling out to her.

‘Daphi!’ he called, now looking hurt and betrayed. He was running down the church stairs and heading towards Daphni. I saw everyone standing behind him, staring at me with disgusted expressions on their faces.

Derek’s point of view;

 Daphni and I finally reached each other, Harry not so far behind. I saw the smug expression on his face and felt the furry build up inside of me.

‘Harry, go wait up there with Monica… ok’ she pointed to the stairs where Monica stood patiently watching. That’s when I realized everyone was watching; everyone was watching my fiancée kiss another man. I never felt so humiliated in my life.

‘Daphni’ I wept as Harry headed up the stairs and stood awkwardly behind Monica.

 ‘Derek, we really need to talk…’ I felt the tears well up in my eyes. I couldn’t bare what she was about to say, I knew it was over. I saw them kiss, everyone saw them kiss and nothing I could do or say what change that.

 'Derek, just listen…’ she continued on as everyone we knew and loved watched. I felt all the eyes on me, I felt like I was in a movie and everyone was watching for their entertainment. I couldn’t handle all the eyes glaring at me, I needed to get away from everyone and perhaps a little farther down the path would do the trick.

‘Can we just go down there’ I pointed to a bench that sat quietly beneath the trees. The rain had stopped and it almost seemed peaceful outside. The only noise I could hear was the thoughts in my head…

I WAS GOING TO GET HIM, AND I WAS GOING TO GET HIM GOOD!

‘alright’ she followed me down the path as everyone scattered inside. We took a seat at the table on either side, just staring at each other; neither one of us knowing what to say.

‘ok, Derek… look. I understand this is the wrong time to realize it, but I cant go through with this’ she was gesturing to her dress now and sliding off her ring.

‘Daph, what happened?’ I asked, so confused as to what I did wrong. This morning she looked thrilled, she looked happy.

‘I’ve been living a lie Derek, a big one. I’ve been feeling things for Harry that I thought I could only ever feel for… you. I realize now the way I feel about you is completely different to the way I feel about… him’ I was staring at her beautiful face. Her cheeks were rosy red and her eyes were filling up with tears. I just wanted to hold her in my arms and tell her everything is ok, that I forgive her… but I just don’t think I could get those words out.

‘do you love me Daphi?’ a blunt question. But I thought that was all that matter 

‘yes’ she almost looked guilty.

‘then I don’t see what the problem is, so what if you have been having second thoughts, everyone goes through that wedding jitters phase, you just happened to go through it… in the middle of the wedding’ I tried to laugh, to ease the tension but I ended up snorting and that just made things even more uncomfortable.

‘Derek.. I love you. I know I do. But I don’t LOVE you’ she emphasized on the word ‘love’. For me love only had one meaning, but to her it seemed to have two.

‘I don’t understand…’ I confessed, though I understood perfectly.

‘Derek, I don’t want to be with you. im sorry im only just realizing this, I know it’s a inconvenient time but that’s how it is… im not going through with this wedding when the whole time I’ll be wishing I was with someone else’ she now stood up and placed her ring in front of me.  I felt my heart sink to the floor, it started to feel like someone was slowly cutting a piece of my heart out, one by one.

‘you cant do this to me!’ I screamed, I felt my cheeks redden with anger.

 ‘Dere...’ she began weeping before Harry approached us.

‘Daph, lets go’ he said, swiftly taking her in his arms.

‘DON’T TOUCH HER’ I screamed again, clenching my fists.

‘Derek!’ she cried back as Harry dragged her towards his car. A black porch, she stepped inside and watched me from the window.

I was now on the ground, my head between my knees as I took in the last 10 minutes. Daphni was gone… she left me… I still couldn’t believe it.

Daphnis point of view;

I stepped inside the black leather car, wrapping my arms around Harry. He didn’t start the engine, he just waited, he held me his arms as I cried on his shoulder.

‘Daphni, its ok’ he kept reassuring me as he kissed my soft hair.

‘Its not .. Harry…’ I said through tears. Because it wasn’t, I left Derek standing there in front of all our friends and family while I ran off to kiss another guy. Even though it felt so right, I knew it was wrong.

‘do you wish you didn’t do it?’ Harry asked and I could hear the hurt in his voice. Immediately let go of his grip and slapped him across the face.

‘DON’T BE STUPID! Of course I don’t’ I was furious that he would even think that.

I watched as a tear rolled down his cheek. ‘I just cant help thinking your so upset because you wish you didn’t do it, you wish you stayed and married him’ he scoffed and I felt my cheeks redden with angry.

‘don’t be dim, I LOVE YOU’ I had to reassure him, I knew how he could think I didn’t, but I do. I leant in and rested my forehead against his, staring into his green emerald eyes. ‘I love you’ I whispered again before kissing his trembling lips.

‘I love you too’ he smiled as he wrapped his arms around my body and I breathed in his musky scent. 

This is right, I knew it… everything from here on out was going to be perfect, I wouldn’t let anyone make me feel guilty about my decision. 

_____________________________________________________________________________

well thats the end of the chapter, sorry it was abit short.... but i didnt want to put to much in this chapter. i really hope you guys like it! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE comment and tell me what you thought. i'd love to know what you thought. 

& lets say 30 votes & i'll post the next chapter early? xoxoxo

THANKS FOR READING GUYS, YOU ARE ALL FABULOUS!