XV: Demi

"Hey, I got you some coffee and food."

Nick moans a little and shuffles around in his chair. I smile at his sleepy state as he stretches his arms, he looks at me sleepily and looks at the cup of coffee in my hand and took it.

He drinks it and sighs, putting his cup on the table next to him. "Thank you," He says and rubs his eyes as he looks at Ezra.

It was the night after the surgery, just a few hours after it and we decided to stay the night to see if Ezra would need one of us, I just knew I wasn't leaving anytime soon.

Nick must've fall asleep when I went out to get us some food and coffee, but it look like he needed it.

"And I got you some food too," I say and set the bag next to him. I sat down next to him and open my bag of food, taking my sandwich out and taking a bite out of it too.

"You know you didn't have to get me anything," Nick says as he munches on his bagel.

I chuckle, shaking my head at him. "No, I was going to get you some food whether you want me to or not." I tell him and he chuckles.

Ezra opens his eyes when he heard us talking softly and looks over at us. "Hey Demi," He says and blinks his eyes to get the sleepy haze out of them. I smile, putting my bag on the table and getting up from my seat.

I walk over to his bed and sat down next to him, I wrap my arm around him and smiled down at him. "What's up little man?" I say and he smiles at me.

"Do you think I could get some ice cream?" He says and I giggled before nodding.

"Sure, which flavor? Wait, I know strawberry!" I say and he grins at me.

"Yeah! You remember!" He says and I grin at him, ruffling his brown hair.

"Of course I do, why would I forget?" I say and reach over to press the button for some help. I called in for some strawberry ice cream and they would send it up in just a moment.

"Oh and I even got you something," I say and leaned over the edge of his bed, grabbing the bag that I put underneath it and taking it out. I handed it to Ezra and he takes it out, smiling widely once he saw what I got him.

"Spider Man?!" He says excitedly at the action figure I got him and I nodded as he takes it out from it's case.

"Yep! Spider Man, do you like it?" I say and he nods, taking the figure in his hands as he looks at it with awe.

"Yeah! I love it!" He says and starts to play with him, I glance at Nick and saw he was smiling at us.

They brought up Ezra's ice cream and he ate it happily beside me. "Hey Demi?" Ezra says, his chin, mouth and nose messy with strawberry ice cream. I took a napkin and whip his face from it, smiling at him.

"Yeah little dude?" I say and threw away the napkin once I was done.

"What are you doing for Christmas?" He asks me and I look at him.

"Well I'm not going anywhere for Christmas, probably stay at home since it's freezing out there." I tell him and at that, his grin widens.

"Do you wanna spend it with us?" He asks me and I look at Nick to see if it was okay with him. He nods, smiling a little more and with that smile, I know he was alright with it.

"Sure, I would love to." I say and he shouts excitedly and hugs me around my waist. I hug him back and kissed his head.

"Awesome," He says and snuggles his head into my neck, I smiled even more. I look over at Nick and he scoots over to us, he puts his hand over mine since my hand was over Ezra's. I smiled at the warmth from his hand, he gives our hands a squeeze.

"When could we go home daddy?" Ezra says, yawning and snuggles more into me. His eyes flutter close as my other hand softly run through his hair.

"Soon little champ, soon."

A few days later, they let Ezra go home but wants Nick to keep an eye on him.

"Ready little man? It's cold and snowing out there so you better be all warm," I say, taking Ezra's hand in mine, I intertwine our fingers together.

"Yeah, I'm all warm." He says, smiling up at me. Nick walks over to us from the receptionist and a backpack slung over his shoulder, a worried look was plastered against his face.

I raise my eyebrow, should I be worried or not?

He saw me looking at him and shakes his head, waving me off like it's nothing to worry about.

It certainly does look like it's something to worry about.

"Ready to go?" Nick says when he reach us as he looks down at Ezra.

"Yup!" He says and Nick grabs his other hand, so we walk out of the hospital and into the cold streets of New York.

"God, it's freezing out there!" I say as we jump into the train, my teeth clatter as I rub my hands together. I tremble slightly from the immense cold, 17 degrees and it felt like we were in the North Pole.

My face felt stiff and frozen from all the cold wind getting blown onto me. My nose, well it's cold and red. Might as well rock the red nose reindeer look.

"Y-Yeah, it-it's co-cold." Ezra stutters, shaking as well from the cold. There was like two inch of snow out there, not much.

I sat down on a graffiti seat and tug Ezra onto my lap, wounding my arms around him and he snuggles into me, still shaking as I tried to warm him.

Nick sits down beside me and wraps his arms around us, pulling us into his side. I smiled, burying my face into his neck.

"Gotta keep warm don't we? Don't worry, we're almost there." Nick says and rubs his hands on our arms, warming us at the least.

"Yep, cause it's hella freezing." I say and he chuckles while Ezra cuddles into us. We snuggled just until it was our next stop and that we had to get out.

Once we were at Nick's place, we sighed in relief from the cold and rushed inside. The heater was cracked up and I could smell food in the kitchen.

"Xavier must be home," Nick says and smiles at us as he takes off his jacket. Ezra dumps his boots, and coat before running off into the kitchen to see Xavier.

I took off my own boots and coat and left them in the hanger while beside the door. Nick locks the door and was about to walk to the kitchen but I grab his arm and stop him.

"What's up? I saw that look on your face back in the hospital," I say and crossed my arms as I gave him a look as to tell me or else.

He sighs, shoving his hands into his pockets and looking down at his black socks. He doesn't answer me for a while and I reach out, grabbing his wrist for him to look at me.

"What's going on Nick?" I say softly and he looks at me, that worried and troubled look came back.

"The bills, for the surgery. The money, it's too much, I can't afford it. Me and Xavier can't afford to pay it, I-I need the money and I don't know how to get it. I have to get another job, work more hours and maybe get Xavier looking for a job too-" He rambles but I cut him off.

"Hey, I'll help you get the money. Looking for a job is a no for me, no one seems to hire me but we could sing together. Like on the streets, you and me. We're really good together, me and you." I say and he squeezes my hand, looking a little less worried.

"I can't do that to you, I took you through much trouble, I can't let you-" I cut him off.

"Hey, look at me. I'm going to help you whether you like it or not, we could maybe sing together at Swift & Sweet. We're going to pay for those bills," I tell him and he sighs in defeat, nodding his head.

"Thank you Demi," He says and I took a step forward, wrapping my arms around him and he immediately wraps his around me.

"It's nothing Nick, it's nothing."

"Love birds, dinner's ready!"

I blush as Xavier called for us, Nick chuckles and we pulled away from each other. He grabs my hand again and tilts his head to the kitchen, smiling at me.

"Come on, let's go eat."

"Sounds good to me."