XXIX: Demi

"Boys! You ready?" I yelled as I open Nick's door, walking inside his apartment and closing the door behind me. I was all dressed and ready to hit the studio with Nick and the boys. Yesterday after I got home, I called my parents to tell them the good news. 

"Mom! Dad! Me and Nick got signed to a record label!" I squeal into the phone as I walk inside the elevator, punching in the button for my floor. 

"Oh honey that's amazing! I'm so proud of you two! When do you guys start?" Mom asks me through the phone, it was on speaker so I could hear her and dad. 

"Tomorrow, me and Nick are going to be a duet. We'll hit the studio tomorrow and they'll get us ready. See dad! I got a job now that I'm actually good at! Now I can pay my own bills!" I say, grinning widely as the doors open and I step out, walking to my door. 

"I'm proud of you Demi, you know if anything happens you always have a job at my company you know that right?" Dad says and I could hear the pride behind his words. I smiled, opening my door and walking inside my apartment before closing it behind me, locking the door. 

"Yeah dad, I know that." I say as I walk further into my apartment, flicking on some lights so I could see. 

"Hey sweetie, when are we going to meet Nick?" Mom asks me and I paused, my eyes widening as I drop my keys on the kitchen counter. 

"Uh, whenever you guys are coming to New York. I'm sure he'll be more then happy to meet you guys," I say, my mind racing with how I was going to tell Nick that he'll probably be meeting my family soon. 

"Good because we want to meet him too. We were gonna surprise you but we'll be coming to New York in two weeks to visit you, so by then we'll like to meet the man your in love with." Dad says and I grin widely, I missed them so much and now they're gonna come and visit me. 

"Awesome! I can't wait to see you guys! Are Dallas and Mads coming too?" I ask them, my keys twirling around my finger as I thought about them. 

"No, Mads has to finish school first, Dallas is staying behind to watch over her but they'll be coming for the summer I'm sure." Mom says and my grin falter, I wanted to see my sisters too but I knew I would see them in the summer. 

"Okay, that's fine. At least summer is around the corner," I say before we started talking about the plans for the summer. 

"Yeah! One second!" I heard Nick yell from the living room so following his voice, I walk inside the living room and smiled at the sight before me. Nick was currently changing Ezra's shirt because he must've spilled juice over himself while Ezra was struggling to get the shirt off of him. 

"Oh let me help." I say, walking over to them and crouching down beside Nick. I grab the hem of Ezra's shirt and smiled as he lets out a frustrated groan, his arm was stuck in hole where his head would go, his black curly hair was the only thing I could see apart from his waving arm. 

"Hey honey, I see you're stuck there." I say and he nods, well tried to. 

"Hi Demi! And yeah, daddy was trying to help me." Ezra says and I smiled, slipping my hand under his shirt and grabbing the arm that was stuck before softly tugging his arm down, his head pops up and I smiled before taking off his shirt completely. 

"There, now you're not stuck." I say and he flashes me a wide grin. Nick then hands me a clean shirt for him and I swiftly put it on Ezra without too much trouble.

"Now you're ready. We good to leave?" I say, standing up now while Ezra goes to grab his sweater. 

"Yeah, thanks for helping him." Nick says and I turn to him as he wraps an arm around my shoulder, he pecks me softly as I smiled at him.