XIX: Demi

Digging my teeth into the duck tape, I yank it off the roll and grab the tape between my teeth. I smiled to myself as I pressed it against the wrapping paper, finishing wrapping the Christmas paper around the box.

I grin. I am done wrapping presents and are ready to be mailed back home. Grabbing a black sharpie, I scribble down the address of my mother's when my phone started to ring.

I reach for it and swipe my thumb across the screen, accepting the call without even looking at the caller. "Hello?" I say as I pressed my phone against my ear, holding it tightly with my shoulder.

"Hey Dems," I heard Nick's hoarse voice before he went into a fit of coughing hysterically. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion, setting down my sharpie as I finish writing and grab my phone so I was holding it.

"Nick? Are you okay? You sound like your dying there," I say as I waited for him to stop coughing.

"I'm fin-" coughs. "-fine, just sick is all." He says, sniffling a bit.

"Well do you need something? Some medicine or soup or something? I can get you some medicine-" I start to say but he cuts me off by coughing loudly.

"N-No I'm fi-fine," He says and I pursed my lips, not believing him for a second.

"Right, okay so I'm gonna come over and see how your doing-" I say as I stood up but he cuts me off quickly.

"No! It's fine! I'm alright! It's just a little cough is all!" He says and I roll my eyes, walking to my bedroom so I can get dressed.

"A little cough? You sound like a dying whale, look I'm coming and your not stoping me. I'll be there in a few," I say and hung up, throwing my phone on my bed. I got dressed for the winter and grab my phone, keys, some money and my presents before walking out of my apartment. I dropped off my presents for my family at the post office before heading to Nick's.

Soon enough, I got to Nick's place and took off my boots and coat, leaving them next to the door. I guess Nick left the door open because he knew I was coming.

Christmas was coming up soon, like a week or so away.

I left my stuff and I shuffle toward Nick's room, my socks sliding against the green carpet floor.

His door was opened just a crack and it was enough so I could see Nick in his bed, haunched over as he throws up in a bin. I would've gone in but what stop me was that he wasn't wearing a shirt and I could see his muscular chest.

I let a breathless gasp escape my parted lips as I stared at his chest, my heart started to pound against mine as I leaned against the wall, my legs feeling weak all of a sudden.

He was so hot, even if he was sick.

I couldn't get him out of my mind, shirtless and everything. Now I just wanted to jump his bones.

How do you politely tell someone that you want them naked on top of you?

I shivered before pushing myself away from the wall, gaining enough balance so I could walk in.

"Hey Nick," I say as I pushed open the door, a faint smile played on my lips as my eyes trailed down his body before back up to his face.

He sighs, closing his eyes as he gives me a small wave and leaned against the headboard. Blankets were up to his waist as he breathes heavily.

I bit my lip, walking around his bed and to his side. Sitting down next to him, I pressed my hand against his forehead so I could feel him. He was burning up.

"Your burning up-" I start to say but stop when Nick sat up and tried to reach for the bin beside me but instead threw up on me instead.

I squealed loudly, jumping away from him as disgust filled me as I look down at my now puked shirt.