Cuddlebug//daniel

summary: daniel's girlfriend wakes up freezing cold and gets annoyed when he's not in bed to warm her up.

warnings: none. gets a lil steamy i guess?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
prompts: "you look so comfy and cuddle-able" and "your lips are really warm"
I woke up to see snow falling outside our window, a chill already settled in my bones. I reached over to Daniel's side, expecting to be greeted with the solid warmth of his chest that I could snuggle into. Instead, much to my disappointment, my fingers only found empty sheets. With a groan, I pushed myself out of bed and stepped into my fuzzy slippers to protect my feet from the cold wood floor. I pulled the throw blanket off the foot of the bed and wrapped it around my shoulders as I left our bedroom to go look for Dani. I shlepped down the stairs, pulling the blanket tighter around me as I stepped into the kitchen. I saw Daniel standing shirtless at the counter, hair laying softly against his forehead. He scrolled through his phone as the coffee brewed, looking perfectly comfortable in his half-dressed state.
"Dude, how are you not frozen?" I asked, my voice thick and scratchy from disuse.
Daniel looked up from his phone and smiled impishly. "Maybe I'm just warm blooded," he guessed.
"I feel like a human popsicle," I complained, shuffling across the hardwood floor towards him. He chuckled and opened his arms, drawing me into an embrace. His chin rested on the top of my head and my cheek pressed against his bare chest, his heated skin feeling blessedly warm against my chilled body. I sighed in relief and slipped my arms around his waist, wrapping the two of us in the fuzzy throw blanket. We just stayed like that for a moment, Daniel's body heat slowly but surely thawing me out.
"Good morning, by the way," Daniel murmured, his lips brushing against the hair on the top of my head as he absently placed a kiss there.
"Good morning to you too, Mr. Hot Water Bottle," I teased. "I was very disappointed when you weren't in bed with me this morning," I snarked.
"I'm sorry. Jet lag woke me up," he said sympathetically.
"The covers fell off in the night and I was so cold. I needed a cuddle."
"Aww, I'm sorry," he cooed, humoring me in my petulance. "And you look so comfy and cuddle-able right now, too, I'm sad I missed out on that."
"Me too," I pouted. "But you can make it up to me now," I said, moving my head so my chin was resting on his chest as I looked up at him.
"And how would I go about that?" he asked with a smirk. I didn't answer him, instead I rose up on my tip toes and tapped my index finger against my puckered lips. Daniel chuckled softly and leaned down to meet me in a sweet kiss, his hand coming up to gently hold my chin. A delicious warmth radiated out through my body as we kissed, emanating from where our lips met and chasing the last remnants of cold out of my bones. I sighed into the kiss, looping my arms around Dani's neck to bring us closer, and Daniel's hand moved to cradle my jaw. The heat only intensified between us as our lips moved against each other softly, and Daniel cheekily swiped his tongue along my bottom lip. I squeaked in surprise and gripped the hair at the nape of his neck, and Daniel started laughing at my reaction, causing the kiss to fall apart. Our foreheads rested together as Daniel continued to chuckle at the effect he'd had on me.
"What?" I asked defensively, trying to downplay the effect he had on me. "Your lips are just... really warm, that's all..."
"Right, right, sorry," he said sarcastically, leaning back in for another kiss, this one every bit as sweet as the first, and even more passionate. I let myself slip further under his influence this time, savoring the feeling of his lips moving ardently against mine as I tasted the bite of his peppermint toothpaste. Daniel had just slipped his hand under his t-shirt I wore to bed and gripped the excess skin that lived on my hip when the coffee machine started beeping, indicating it was ready to be poured. He hummed against my lips and, much to my chagrin, broke the kiss for a second time, reaching over to press a button on the machine and grab the carafe from the coffeemaker.
"Want some?" he asked, pouring some of the dark liquid into a mug he'd set out for himself earlier.
"Yes, please," I replied, awkwardly reaching up to pull a mug from the cupboard while still holding onto the fluffy blanket and trying to stay within the aura of Daniel's body heat. Daniel chuckled and pushed my hand down gently, taking a mug from the cupboard for me and pouring some coffee inside.
"Thank you," I said, taking a tentative sip from the steaming mug. He hummed in acknowledgement and loosely looped the arm that wasn't holding his mug of coffee around my waist. We were content in the silence for a while, enjoying our coffee and watching the snow continue to fall outside.
"Why are girls always so cold?" Daniel mused, looking down at me.
"It's a hormone thing," I answered. "Humans get the majority of our body heat from our muscle mass. Testosterone promotes muscle mass, and since guys have naturally higher levels of testosterone, you naturally have higher muscle mass, generally. And that means you guys produce more heat, and to maintain the healthy internal temperature, you guys have to get rid of more heat, which is why your skin is always so warm. And the temperature difference is compounded by the fact that most of the blood in the female body stays central to the torso to protect our reproductive organs."
Daniel was quiet for a moment, apparently processing what I'd just told him. "How do you know all this?"
I shrugged. "I took an anatomy class last semester."
"Huh," he said, still contemplating the information. "So wait... When you asked how I wasn't frozen earlier, you already knew the answer?" he asked, evidently a little peeved.
"Duh. Don't I always know the answer?" I said with smirk.
"Yes, dear," Daniel said dutifully. After another brief moment of quiet, he spoke up. "I think today should just be a cuddle day so that I can transfer some of my extra body heat to you, since you need it more than I do," he teased.
"That sounds heavenly," I said, curling up my arms and tucking myself against Daniel's chest again. "And listening to Christmas music since it's snowing."
He chuckled. "Baby, it's October."
"But snow."
"Alright fine, Christmas music it is."
"I love you."
"Love you too, cuddlebug," he said with a kiss to the tip of my nose, sending tingles across my chilled skin.

1178 words 🤪👌