- Chapter 1 -

Catherine's POV

I rise up, checking if there are still any supplies available... There's less. I have to move, find more, and hopefully, find something that can help me in any way...

" Ruff, C'mere boy" I whisper to my dog, making him stand and go to me.

"Ruff is my only family left.. Everyone else.. J-just died in my eyes" I thought to myself.. I hated remembering what had happened before so.

---------------FLASHBACK--------------

"CATHY! SAVE YOURSELF" said my mother, who was trying to hide from the horrid creatures behind the door

"Mom! Guys! Come here, I think I found a way out" I quietly said to her,

She and my family was relieved to hear that. I went to that hole, and luckily, I fit.

" C'mon guys there's not much ti-"

My sentence was interrupted by a bunch of Corrupted Souls who had destroyed the door.

"R-r-RUN CATHERINE, RUN!!!"

My family screamed, almost in unison, trying to run towards the hole.

But it was too late.

The Corrupted Souls took them and ate their flesh. And I was there, watching them being murdered before my very eyes.

My eyes were watery, but I remained quiet. It took a while for the Corrupted Souls to leave the scene. ( A.N. Corrupted Souls cannot survive daylight and water.Anyways continue)

I couldn't stand it. Im going to be alone! I wont have my family... Im...Really alone now..

I couldn't stand watching the scene anymore... I went out to see all Corrupted Souls have fled away.

I almost cried remembering how they were tortured... How they were brutally murdered then eaten. Just like THAT. They were really CORRUPTED weren't they?

Just then, I heard a faint sound. A bark maybe? I went closer and closer to the noise.. And there it was, a dog.

I came closer to pet it, but it wont let me.

"Awww, its okay boy! Ya dont have to be afraid." I calmly said to the dog. And it seems to have calmed it. Then after so it was happy around me. I 'shushed' him down and he obeyed immediately.

'Huh, it's easy to tame this dog.' I thought to myself. I then thought 'Hey, lets give our lil' buddy a name!'

"Hey boy, Im going to name you..."

It took me a while to name the dog.. Really, I dont have any ideas.. "Hmm, what about 'Ruff'? Huh lil' guy? What'cha think?" It happily barked and rested on me for a while.

Then I rised up and said "Shall we go now Ruff?". It barked in response.

Since then, me and Ruff had been together, hoping and finding another way to live.

-----------END OF FLASHBACK--------

I packed up some food, mostly canned, Ruff's food, some bullets, my huge ass sword ( OH HECKALL YEAH! ), my gun, and usually clothes, journal, and pens.

"C'mon now Ruff". Ruff came to me and I hugged him. Then stood back up and went out. I hope I'll find what Im looking for.

A.N. Hi guys! This, as you guys could see is my FIRST fanfic.

So for now it'll be all about Catherine.. The next one.. I dont know but hey! We'll find out ;)

-Pip