Chapter 30- Arrival

(Chapter 30- Arrival)

Recap-

“Please don’t fight over me.” I finally managed to say. “If something happened to you or Chase I’m sure it would kill me.”

Don sighed and replied. “Ok. But I can't speak for Chase."

"I'll ask him."

"Try talking to him him through your mind link." Don suggested.

“I can’t it doesn’t work.” I said remembering when I spoke to Chase earlier.

“Wait I think I know why.” Don said pulling out his phone. “It’s the barrier.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ashlyn's POV

Don had pulled down the barrier temporarily for me to contact Chase. I didn’t know what I was going to say to him yet but I had to think of something fast or else it may be too late.

I close my eyes and tried to search for his mind. I was about to talk to him until I heard what he was thinking.

‘Attacking Don tomorrow is the only chance I have of getting Ashlyn back or she may be lost forever. I hope Don has not brain washed her and it is too late for us.’

There was a pause for a second.

‘Wait what am I thinking it’s not too late. I‘ll never give up on her, ever. We are soul mates. Two halves of a whole. To souls meant to be together forever. I could never give up on that.’

Hearing him think that made me smile but also made me sad. He was still going to fight tomorrow no matter what and there is nothing I can do to stop it. I doubt Chase will even listen to me but I have to try.

‘Chase.’

‘Ashlyn are you ok?’

‘Yes I’m fine but I need to tell you something.’

‘What?’ He asked.

‘Don’t fight tomorrow. Don agreed not to fight if you don’t.’

‘Why would I do that Ashlyn he is holding you there?’

‘I know but it for a reason. He has my son and I’m not leaving without him.’

‘I thought you might say that.’

‘Chase if you love me or ever loved me then you have to accept all of me. I have a child now but that shouldn’t change things between us. I still love you just as much now as I did before.’

He didn’t respond and I thought we had been cut off again until he spoke again.

‘Love him to don’t you?’

I knew this was coming eventually. I had to tell him the truth.

‘I do. I’m sorry but it’s not as strong as what I feel for you.’

‘But you still love him.’

‘I love you more Chase don’t you get that. I choose you but I can’t make my feelings for Don disappear.’

‘Then what do we do?’

‘Come here and lets work this out with no fighting.’

Chase grew silent and I wasn’t sure what that meant but I had a feeling he was thinking it over. What other choice did he have unless he wanted a blood bath? This was the only possible solution.