Chapter 9- Revelations

(Chapter 9- Revelations)

-Ashlyn's POV-

"What are you doing here?" I asked him in shock. I wiped my tears away and waited for him to answer.

He sighed and walked over to the chair beside the bed and sat down. Chase was shooting him evil glares the whole time. I am seriously confused right now. How could I have not known that Josh and Chase were cousins?

"Are you alright?" He asked concerned ignoring my question.

"Yes thanks to you." I said to him just to get to Chase. "Now are you going to tell me why you are here?"

"Where should I start?" Josh asked.

"Start with the cousin's thing and then work up to why you are here." I stated

"Ok well it's like this..." He started. "As you now know Chase and I are cousins, but we don't get along so well."

"That's an understatement." Chase interrupted.

"I wasn't talking to you." I hissed at him then turned my attention back to Josh.

"Chase and I used to be friends at one time but that all changed when he let some things come between us."

"So what happened?" I asked

"Well for one Chase tired to make everything a competition and felt he always had to beat me at everything. Take football for example." He said.

"That wasn't it and you know it. Why don't you tell her the truth?" Chase roared.

"That is the truth just not all of it." He stated.

"What's the rest of it?" I questioned

"Well, the truth is when we were juniors I started to like you, I realized it after we were assigned to be partners on that one school project. I also knew that you were best friends with Chase and I knew about his feeling for you.

"What do you mean feelings for me?" I questioned.

Chase liked me before? How could that be? He never showed me any interest in me before. Why didn't he do anything about it? Maybe if he had I wouldn't hate him so much right now. And Did I not notice anything?

"You haven't told her?" Josh questioned Chase smirking.

"No, no I haven't." Chase confessed.

"Just tell me already." I said getting frustrated.

Josh quickly understood my annoyance and started picking back up on his story.

"At the time of all of this took place Chase and I were still friends so I didn't want to make a move until I talked to Chase first."

*******

FLASHBACK

Josh's POV

Class had just ended and everyone was pouring out the classroom doors. Ashlyn had stayed behind to talk to the teacher and I knew Chase would be waiting for her outside class so now is my chance to talk to him about Ashlyn. Sure enough when I got outside the classroom door I saw him standing there so I made my way to him.

"Hey man what's up?" Chase said.

"Nothing much man. You think I could ask you about something?" I questioned nervously.

"Sure, what's on your mind?"

"I was thinking about asking Ashlyn out."

"Oh" He said sadly.