Chapter 26- Mover

(Chapter 26- Jumper)

It had been one constant argument after the next since I told Chase my plans on saving Crystal. He was still fighting me on it but my mind was made up. He even threatened locking me up even though I knew he wouldn’t.

It killed me to see Josh like he was. He was not the same without her that’s for sure and I wouldn’t stop until he had her back. I was responsible for this whole mess so I needed to be the one to fix it. I just hope Josh doesn’t hate me for getting her taken.

“Can you just stay here for the time being until I can talk to my family about this?” Chase said irritated. No doubt because I would do what he said.

“Fine but you better hurry because I’m taking Action quick. We don’t have the time to waste.” I stressed.

“Ok but don’t do anything until I get back.” He said and walked out the door.

I paced the room anxiously dying to know what was going on with Crystal. It was killing me that I had let this happen. If I would have just went back to Don like he wanted everyone would be ok right now. Why don’t I ever learn? I should have gone back and found away to be with Chase again.

Sure I didn’t love Don but maybe I could fool him, just long enough to get Crystal out. I had a feeling once I showed back up he wouldn’t be so quick to let me go this time.

As I continued to pace the floor I grew more impatient. It’s been an hour already surely they have discussed everything by now. Suddenly I felt like something more was going on. I walked to the door and pulled on it didn’t budge.

“What the hell?” I yelled. “He actually did it.”

Well I guess I was wrong. I never thought Chase would follow through on his threat. I am so going to kill him when I get out of this room. I banged and pounded on the door but no one came and I was getting more pissed by the minute.

All of a sudden I got a brilliant idea. I ran over to my bag on the bed and pulled out crystals phone. I made sure I kept it in case anymore calls came through. I guess it was smart after all.

I looked through her phone and called Josh. It rang about four times before he answered. He was exactly what I needed to get out of here.

“Ashlyn?” He whispered.

“Yes. Find a way to get away from the meeting and come to my room, and don’t tell Chase.” I said in urgency.

“I’m on my way.” He said before hanging up.

Once the phone was free again I looked for the last number that called Crystals phone and dialed it back praying that someone would answer it. Maybe I stood a chance of talking some since into Don. After it rang several times I was about to give up but then someone answered and that someone just happened to be Don.

“Is she alright?” I asked not bother making conversation.

“Yes she is sitting next to me. Would you like to talk to her?” He offered.

“Yes.”

I heard him mumble something in the background that I couldn’t quite make out and then hand over the phone.

“Hey.” She answered.

“Oh my god Crystal I am so sorry.” I said relieved to hear her voice.

“It’s not your fault Ashlyn. Don’t blame yourself.” She replied with sadness. I know she was missing Josh.

“Are you hurt or anything?” I asked.

“No not at all. We have just been talking.” She confessed.