Chapter 11- You've Got Some Explaining To Do

(Chapter 11  - You've got some Explaining To Do)

"So are you going to tell me what you're doing here and what's going on or are you going to let my imagination run wild?" Crystal nagged.

"I told you once we get to Chase's house I will explain." I reminded her.

She had been really upset and confused about what was going on. She was always the type to get upset if she felt that she was the only one that didn't know something. I mean I don't blame her. If someone was keeping things from me I would be upset to, heck I was upset. I will be glad when we finally get to where we are going so I can explain.

"You have some serious explaining to do you know." She stated.

"I know."

She turned to Josh and gave him a strange look then back to me. I know she was trying to figure out why Josh was always so close to her and acting all protective. Anybody would be confused by some guy you barely knew all of a sudden acting like they care for you and don't want you leaving there side. I just hope she takes it better than I did. I defiantly don't want my best friend going through that.

I may seem all ok with everything right now but believe me I still have my doubts. I may be trying to forgive Chase and move on from the things that have took place but it's going to take some time to totally trust him again.

"Finally we're here." Crystal said looking out the window of the car.

"How do you know where Chase lives?" I asked her as the car almost came to a complete stop.

"I...uh...I didn't. You told me... yeah you told me remember." She said stuttered. I would be lying if I didn't say I was a little confused by that. I'm going to have to ask her about that later. To tell the truth I can't remember if I did actually tell her where he lived or not. I am a very forgetful person sometimes.

"Ok enough with the chit chat let's get inside so we can get some things straightened out." Chase interrupted.

Chase sounded a little worried and nervous with his response. I can't help feel like something is being kept from me now. I looked at Josh who had the same confused look on his face as I did. Well it's safe to say he don't know what that was about either.

"Yeah let's go." Josh agreed.

We all got out of the car and walked to the door. Chase unlocked it and we all went inside. I could help but think of the last time I was here. It sure didn't go to well. Please do let there be a repeat of then. I haven't had much time to prepare for what I was going to say to her so I hope I don't make anything worse. Maybe she won't freak out like I did. Let's just hope for the best.

Josh moved beside her again and wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her to him. She really wasn't expecting that because she had a look of shock and confusion on her face.

"Um...look Josh." She started and pushed him away. "I don't know who you think you are or what you have heard about me but I don't go for the first guy I see and I most certainly am not easy. I would also appreciate a little personal space if you don't mind. Oh and another thing I don't mess with guys my friends like."

I heard Chase growl at that. I slapped myself in the head and groaned. This is just great Crystal. Well this isn't going to end well. I know firsthand about the links vampire will go to when they are jealous. I have to figure out a way to make this batter before it goes from bad to worse.

When Josh didn’t let her go she started getting agitated. "Um...Didn't I just tell you to back off?"

Too late it just went from bad to worse. I could see Josh looking mad and tightened his grip on her. I have to get her out of here before he loses control and hurts her. After all I know all about that to. I quickly moved to Crystal's side and pulled her out of Josh’s grip. He growled and tried to pull her back. Crystal looked frightened by his actions.