Chapter 21- Getting back to humanity

(Chapter 21- Getting Back To Humanity)

“Are you ok?” Chase asked me for the hundredth time today. Ok maybe it wasn’t a hundred but it was a lot.

“Yes Chase I’m fine.” I stressed but I don’t think he was getting.

“Do you need anything?” He asked.

I sighed.”No babe I don’t. Now quit worrying about me, I’m not going to be going into labor anytime soon. We still have nine months.”

“I know but I just want to make sure you’re ok and happy.” He said.

Pour Chase has drove me crazy all day with his, are you ok, and checking to see if I needed something every five minutes. I loved that he worried about me but geese come on. It’s not like I’m handicapped.

“I know but setting here watching my every move isn’t helping me.” I complained.

“Ok, well do you feel like doing anything?”

“Maybe what do you have in mind?” I asked.

“I thought you might like to go for a swim.” He smiled.

“Really, I would love to do that.” I exclaimed. “Wait do I even have a swim suit?”

“I’m sure you do, it’s probably in your closet.”

“Right.” I jumped up and walked to my closet.

I looked though almost all of my stuff until I came to some built in shelves and noticed there were quite a few selections of bathing suits for me. There were so many to choose from but I quickly spotted the one I wanted. It was a pink bikini with white polka dots on it and very cute I might add. I quickly changed in the closet not wanting to waist anymore time.

Since we found out we were pregnant Chase wouldn’t let me out of his sight. He wanted to be near me at all times just in case Don tried to make a move again. We actually hadn’t heard from him in about a week, since he let me leave. I don’t know why but that worried me. It made me feel like he had something planned. They say that when your enemy’s become quiet that’s when you should be worried.

I couldn’t help but wonder what Don had been doing this week. Even though I didn’t really have any romantic feelings for him yet didn’t mean I don’t care for him. I still feel kindness and friendship toward him and I don’t hate him. I think maybe he just needs a friend and he will be ok. I would like to be that for him. I know he says he loves me but I think it’s more of an infatuation to be honest. He wants Arianna not me and I’m not her. I know he told me that I was but I feel no connection to her. If we were the same person wouldn’t I have some sort of memory?

“What’s taking so long in there? Are you ok? Are you hurt?” He panicked.

“For the love of all that’s holey Chase I’m fine.” I yelled.

“Sorry, you worried me.” He apologized.

“Well I’m perfectly fine so chill out.” I said stepping out of the closet.

Chase looked at me with a lustful expression when he seen me in my bikini. His eyes raked my body over a couple of times before I interrupted him.

“See something you like?” I smirked.

“You have no idea.” He smiled making me blush.

Chase continued to stare at me again until I cleared my throat gain his full attention.

“My eyes are up here.” I motioned with my fingers.

“It wasn’t you eyes I was looking for.” He smirked.