Chapter 18- Heritage

(Chapter 18- Heritage)

Everyone round the room was speechless after we told them what happened. I myself was still in shock over everything. I had so many questions and no answers like, why did Don want to meet me? Why did he not hurt or even kill me? What was his game?

I'm glad I never trusted the guy or else I would be setting here with out my powers right now. Part of me was worried that I didn't sense something off about him from the start. I wonder why that is? He had so many opportunities to kill me but he didn't why? I mean he already has the ultimate gift he didn't need mine. If he wanted me out of the way why didn't he do it? Wasn't a threat to him? My head hurt from all the thoughts going through my mind.

"We will double security and hire new staff. One of us will be there to make sure everyone receives the blood." James said.

"I agree, I just hope it's not to late." Sharon added. " Anything can happen between now and then."

"I suggest everyone stay together. We can only trust each other at this point." James said.

"Agreed now lets get this taken care of." Alessandra ordered.

Everyone left the parlor but me and Chase. I'm sure he sensed my confusion and wanted to see about it. Maybe he could give me the answers I was looking for.

"What wrong Ashlyn?"

"I'm still slightly... No extremely confused." I admitted.

"I know." He said. "Ask me anything you want and I will do my best to answer your questions."

I was relieved to hear him say that but I had no idea where to start. As I thought of all the things I wanted to ask I finally settled on the most important one. The one that was eating away at me.

"Why am I not dead?"

"I don't know but I think he in going to use you against us some how." Something about that sent chills down my spine and not the good kind.

Chase's face looked worried and that was not a good thing. Chase was pretty confident person so when he is worried than so am I. For the first time since being here I was scared about the safety of everyone, I am scared that someone else is going to get hurt.

"Do you think he knows about my power?" I asked.

"I think he may. He could have compelled someone to tell him or he could have been watching this whole time. I don't know for sure."

I wrapped my arms around Chase for comfort hoping it would help, I didn't what else to do. I hated seeing Chase this way and I wanted so bad to make it better. His arms wrapped around me in a protective manner before speaking.

"From now on I'm never letting you out of my sight. I wouldn't be able to live if something happened to you." He said sadly.

"This is probably what he wants. He wants everyone to be so focused on protecting each other that we can't focus on the more important things like planning our attack. Don't worry I can take care of myself. I'm a element controller remember." I smiled trying to lighten the mood.

"I know but I have to protect you." He said before kissing me sweetly.

I responded by kissing him back more passionately. Having Chase's lips on mine instantly made me relax. I had missed having this kind of contact with Chase. Ever since everything has happened we haven't found the time to be been together and I was ready to make up for that.

"Let's take this to our room." I gave a seductive grin. Before he could talk or react were interrupted.

"Sir you are need at the front gate, it's an order." Chase quickly broke our contact and stood up.