Chapter 22

"Ah Fawn, there you are."

Fawn looked up from scrubbing Hurricane's saddle to see Rex approaching her.

"Hey Captain" Fawn grinned, "what cha up to this fine afternoon?"

Rex lifted a brow but smirked in response. "Not much, just wondering if I could borrow a dragon for a moment? A ship busted some of the sensors around the base during a crash landing earlier on and the Krykna spiders are getting close."

"I see, well, I'll take you to the Dragon Huts, I think Leo and Torch might be the best for this job."

"Leo and Torch...?"

"I'll tell you about them on the way" Fawn carefully put aside her work and Rex followed her to the Dragon Huts.

"Leo's whole name is Leon but we call him Leo for short. He's a Shifter Dragon, able to take on the form of any other creature he wants. It's kind of annoying when he wants to pull pranks, but he's an incredibly talented and useful dragon for undercover missions."

"I'm gonna take it that he's friends with Whiplash?"

"Yup, those two were havoc growing up. You'd never know when they'd be pulling pranks on you so one needed to be careful."

"I see, but why do you think he'll be useful to this?"

"Cause, he can take on the form of a Krykna spider to keep any others at bay."

"That.....does actually seem like a good idea. And what about Torch?"

"Torch is...well....he's what his name implies. He's one of the best fire dragons we have, his species is a Firehorn."

"Oh, like Colour Fly?"

"Yeah, same as her. He's got a little bit of a temper if you piss him off but he's a fierce protector and he'll take care of any spiders that get too close."

The Dragon Huts were pretty much what they sounded like. They were tall and waterproof homes for the dragon inhabitants.

Fawn had decided to construct them after realizing that having the dragons in her room may not be the best idea. She'd learned from having some in her cabin last time. It was rather problematic but it was the only solution due to not being able to have a base.

Now, however, on Chopper Base, the dragons had huts to comfortably stay in. Made from the tall flowers on Attalon, they were resistant to all weather which was very convenient.

As Fawn and Rex neared the huts, a roar abruptly cut their conversation off. Sharing an alarmed glance, they bolted towards the source. Turning a sharp corner around a hut, they skidded to a stop. Rex stared at what he saw. Multiple dragons stood at the side lines, roaring and cheering loudly. In the center were two dragons locked head to head, growling deeply as they tried to push the other down.

"Fawn?!" Rex asked, half panicked. "We need to do something before this gets out of control-"

"Unbelievable, they are utterly unbelievable."

Rex's worry came to a screeching halt at Fawn's aloof response to the situation. He looked over at Fawn to see her with arms crossed, eyes half-lidded as she watched the two reptiles attack each other like rhinos.

"I swear, I'm about to introduce you to two dragons I'm proud to call some of my finest and they decide to ruin the moment with a fight to arrogantly show their strength. I can't believe them."

"Wait....are you saying that's Leo and Torch?" 

"Unfortunately yes, plug your ears unless you wanna be deaf. LEON! TORCH! GET YOUR BUTTS OVER HERE RIGHT NOW! YOU'RE BEING COMPLETELY IMMATURE!"