Chapter 15

Fawn had her finger tips gently pressed against Ezra's forehead, looking through his mindscape. After hearing about Ezra's wave of Bonding Sickness, the Gray Jedi had instantly summoned Ezra to the medic-bay to check up on her brother. Ezra sat on one of the beds, eyes closed as he mediated. The presence of his sister in his head was strangely calming, it was similar to when Kanan was in his head. Fawn took her finger tips away from Ezra's forehead, making the boy open his eyes.

"Well?" He said. 

"I checked and we've got a problem" Fawn replied.

"What is it?" Ezra tentatively asked.

"The connection to Whiplash is becoming more unstable every day, with that being said, the waves of Bonding Sickness will become more frequent. Kanan explained to me what happened and after that description, I won't be surprised if you pass out due to the overwhelming amounts of pain. You guys are gonna have to work something out soon" Fawn answered.

"I'm trying Fawn! That thick headed, electricity magnet, of a numskull dragon just won't cooperate!" 

Fawn lifted her head from the box of medicines to look round at Ezra.

"What did you just say?"

"I said; that thick headed, electricity magnet, of a numskull dragon won't cooperate" Ezra grumbled.

"Yeah yeah, I know what you said, but you seriously think of Whiplash like that?"

"Well no, not before we were separated. He was so much better back then, kind, reckless, fun, and he was always there for me. Now he just acts like I'm not even there."  

Fawn placed a hand on her brother's knee as soon as his voice cracked, making Ezra look up at her.

"We'll work something out, I promise Ez," Fawn lifted her arm.

"Bridgers Pact?" 

Ezra cracked a smile and exhaled a chuckle.

"Bridgers Pact" he replied, hitting fore arms with his sister.

~~~

Whiplash drew his head away from the Med-bay door, gurgling in confusion in his throat.

"Am I really that bad?" He whispered.

Footsteps heading towards the door made him tense before he bolted down the hall, skidding round the corner of the corridor. The door opened and Fawn and Ezra walked out.

"We'd best head to the command center, there's supposed to be a briefing for a mission" Fawn said.

"Think they're finally gonna let you participate?" Ezra asked.

"Oh I hope so, it's been a while since I've been on the field with you."

Whiplash pressed himself against the wall as they passed, waiting until he heard the common room door open and close. Exhaling his held breath, the dragon released the tension in his shoulders and slowly followed the two rebels footsteps to the command center.
__________________________________

"A cell of ours on Corellia lost contact with us yesterday, we haven't been able to get through to them since the connection was cut. We need to find out where they are and if they're okay" Commander Sato said.

The Ghost Crew, and their dragons were in the command center, listening intently as the details were explained.

"Commander Lieutenant Bridger, the mission is yours" Commander Sato said.

"When do I leave?" Ezra asked.

"Right away, if someone has happened to them, we need to know now. But you need to be careful, the base is located in the jungle and filled with a very dangerous type of mushroom. They explode when temperatures rise and release a toxic gas that will kill you."

"I understand."

"Commander" Hera said suddenly.

"Ezra can't go by himself, I'm sorry for saying this Ezra, but he's not capable of taking on things like this himself."

Ezra opened his mouth to argue when a hand on his shoulder silenced hin. Fawn gently squeezed his shoulder and lifted her gaze to Sato.

"Commander, I can go with him, Ezra, Hurricane, and I will make short work out of the Empire if they're responsible for this."

"No, I already have a partner for Bridger" Sato told her.

"Sabine?" Hurricane asked.

"No."

The Commander turned to the dragon on the far side of the area.

"Whiplash, you will assisst Commander Lieutenant Bridger."

You could've heard a pin drop, both Ezra and Whiplash were frozen, rigid with shock. Then, they went off.

"Commander no-"

"I can't go with him-

"We're not on good terms at the moment-"

"Just send someone else to go with Ezra-"

"We can't work together-"

"It's impossible-"

"Our bond is unstable-"

"Enough!" Sato said over their frantic complaints.

"You two are going together, I don't care how much you hate each other right now, this mission is compulsory and you two are doing it. Am I clear?"

Ezra and Whiplash glared daggers at each other before lowering their heads, anger constricting in their chests.

"Understood" they growled through gritted teeth.