Chapter 6

Ezra couldn't move as he looked at his dragon in disbelief. Whiplash was talking to a dragon of his Squadron, face serious and nodding curtly. The dragon then moved away to get cleaned up and Hurricane moved forward. He whistled to his brother who'd head turned.

"How'd it go?" Hurricane asked.

"Hurricane, hey, yeah it went well. However, Narkene got pretty scratched up" the reptile rumbled, voice firm and had a lot of strength behind it.

Hurricane glanced over to where Whiplash was looking. A large, red and gold dragon was getting treated by some Tweliks nearby. Narkene indeed had some pretty nasty marks but didn't look too serious.

"What are you doing here anyway?" Whiplash turned back to his brother.

"What? I can't see my own sibling after he gets back from a mission?" Hurricane asked innocently.

"I know you better than that."

"Yeah, you do" Hurricane nodded and moved aside.

"Some old friends have arrived."

Whiplash's eyes slid to behind Hurricane and his jaw opened slightly.

"Sabine? Hera? Zeb? Chop? Kanan?" He stared then his eyes moved to beside the older Jedi.

His eyes grew wider and he froze.

"Ezra?" He said in disbelief.

Ezra cracked a smile.

"Hey buddy" he greeted.

Whiplash blinked, his legs stiff and body rigid. Hurricane moved back further as the dragon slowly approached the teen. Ezra did the same, walking forward cautiously. They stopped at least ten meters away from each other, eyes gazing into one another's. Not entirely certain on what to do.

"You've grown up" Whiplash said.

"So have you" Ezra replied.

Whiplash took in Ezra's new features and gave a small chuff of amusement.

"What have you done to your hair?" He asked.

"What? You don't like it?" Ezra inquired with a smile.

"It's......interesting" Whiplash answered.

He then looked up at the others.

"When did you guys get here?"

"About thirty minutes ago" Hera replied.

"We have a lot to tell you all."

"I'm sure you do, but maybe it's best if you explain in private?" Whiplash looked at Fawn who nodded.

"That's probably the best idea. Come on, we'll go up to the Great Hall" the Gray Jedi nodded.

The Ghost Crew and dragons followed Fawn outside but Ezra lingered back for a moment.

"Hey."

A hand on Ezra's shoulder made the boy look up. Logan gazed down on him, concern lining his face.

"You okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'm alright" Ezra replied.

Logan hesitated before nodding and taking his hand from Ezra's shoulder.

"Come on, we'd best catch up to them" he said.

Ezra nodded and he and Logan walked from the Armoury. The teen and Togruta walked side by side, following the group a few paces behind.