Chapter 7

Fawn folded her last cloak into a crate and shut the lid. She'd packed all the essentials and was putting the last few things in her saddle bag.

"Can you believe it Hurricane?" She said.

"After these last six months, we're finally going back."

Hurricane, who was lying down nearby, gave a purr in response.

"I honestly thought this day would never come and yet here we are" Fawn continued putting her things into her saddle bag.

"It's unbelievable."

Fawn paused when she came to her drawers, lying at the top was Ezra's bracelet. Slowly, she reached in and picked it up, turning the gift in her hands. She glanced at Hurricane who was watching her.

"Should I?" She asked him.

Hurricane gazed at the bracelet for a moment before looking back at his rider.

"It's up to you" he told her.

Fawn went through some thinking before putting the bracelet in her bag. Who knew what use it could be later on? Finally, with everything ready, Fawn pressed the anti-gravity button and the crates levitated off the ground. She and Hurricane pushed them out of the room back to the docking bay where the Ghost was waiting.
________________________________

When Fawn arrived in the area, there were fourteen dragons that were going with the rebels to help the Rebellion. The Bonded dragons, Colour Fly, Bludgeon, Moonshine, and Kyber were discussing stuff with their riders. But Fawn noticed Ezra and Whiplash weren't even close to one another. They were a few meters apart, not saying a word. Fawn felt confusion and concern flicker inside her. She knew Ezra and Whiplash had grown up and changed, but it had been six months since they'd seen each other. Shouldn't they at least be talking? Deciding to consult more about it later, Fawn went over. Lux was talking to Blitzen, who I might add, hadn't changed at all. He looked the exact same, there wasn't even a difference in height. Still had his blue and yellow scales, sparking horns and deadly tail. Fawn had persuaded the reptile to come with them, join the rebellion and the dragon agreed.

"Fawn" Hera said as she neared.

"Good timing."

"I'm always on time" Fawn replied.

"Liar" someone coughed.

Fawn looked over at Hope who was leaning against Emerald, looking at Fawn innocently.

"What do you mean by that Hope?" Fawn asked with a smile.

"Well, let's just say that you're not always on time" she replied then sighed.

"Please tell me you'll message occasionly? I missed you last time you went with the rebellion."

Fawn's expression softened and she went over to her friend.

"I'll check in, I swear Hope" she said genuinely.

The girl smiled and hugged Fawn tightly.

"I'm gonna miss you...." Hope hesitated before finishing her sentence.

"Mum."

Fawn's eyes widened in surprise at the girl's words. She always knew Hope considered Fawn as her guardian, but hearing Hope call her 'mum' was heartwarmimg. Fawn kissed the top of Hope's head in a motherly way.

"I'll miss you too Hope" she muttered.

The two drew away from one another and Fawn looked at Logan who was standing quite close.

"Make sure she stays on top of her training" Fawn told the Togruta who nodded with a playful grin.

"Don't worry, I'll make sure of that."

Fawn embraced Logan tightly.

"Take care of yourself Logan" she muttered, kissing the boy's forehead. 

Logan eyes flicked away from Fawn, a smile on his face before he looked back at the Gray Jedi.

"I will Fawn, you have my word" he promised.

"Good, take care you two."

Fawn went over to Lux and gave him a hug.

"Make sure they stay out of trouble" she said.

Lux chucked and gave a nod.

"I'll keep an eye on them" he replied.

Fawn gave him a smile before going over to the Ghost.

"Let's go" she said.

The dragons and Ghost Crew went up the ramp but Whiplash lingered back for a moment, casting an eye over his home. He'd put his closest friend, Lumeo in command of Gold Squadron, while he was gone. But how long would that be? Sure, he was looking forward to going back to the rebellion and all, but he was also needed here. He had a Squadron, a purpose, a duty, now he was being dragged away from it. He didn't know how to feel about this sudden change. He was perfectly content with his life, being a Commander of a Squadron and doing the necessities to protect Kabera. Now, he was leaving for the rebellion, going back to his second home where he had a new task. A place where he had friends...

"Hey Whiplash, you coming?" Ezra called from the entry hall, knocking the dragon from his thoughts.

Whiplash glanced at Ezra. How the boy has grown over these six months. Whiplash couldn't help but think back to when he'd first met Ezra. The kid was small, troublesome looking. Now, Whiplash was gazing upon a warrior. He felt a flicker of something he hadn't felt in a long time.
Guilt.
But he shoved it away and nodded firmly. He wouldn't let his emotions resurface, he'd been weak enough in the past. He refused to accept sorrow and regret back into his life. They'd only held him back.

"Yeah, let's go" Whiplash replied. 

The ramp closed behind Whiplash as he went to the ramp and after a few moments, the engines glowed yellow. The Ghost lifted off the ground and flew into the sky, through the clouds and past the patrolling dragons. Fawn watched Kabera until they jumped into hyperspace. She sighed and faced forward with a nod to herself. She was sure she'd made the right decision.

Suggestions are open and appreciated.

Star-Wars-Dragons out 🐉